Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Nice place for dinner in Downtown?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
A frog and his AK-47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my03lanceroz has disabled reputation
Default Nice place for dinner in Downtown?

My girl and I are going to see Robin Williams at the Landmark on Oct.16 I'm wanna take her to dinner first. I'm new to the area. Can anybody recommend a nice place around the Landmark. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:48 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'
Default Re: Nice place for dinner in Downtown?

it's mostly bars and college hangouts close by since the landmark is right in the middle of vcu campus. you're going have to head into shockhoe bottom for nice, upscale dining.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Apotheosis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RheeRS
it's mostly bars and college hangouts close by since the landmark is right in the middle of vcu campus. you're going have to head into shockhoe bottom for nice, upscale dining.
^what RheeRs said. Your not going to find any place particularly "nice" around the Landmark.

There is a place called Edo's Squid which is relatively nice, but in my opinion, for what you pay, youre not really making up for it in quality/quantity of food, etc. But you can give it a shot if you like.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
SoFakinTarck!

K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi

Fuck it! Go to Jen's family's restaurant!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
jar
It's like that

jar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Apotheosis
There is a place called Edo's Squid which is relatively nice, but in my opinion, for what you pay, youre not really making up for it in quality/quantity of food, etc. But you can give it a shot if you like.
I always walk out of there with leftovers and they have plenty of entree choices for < $15. Cous Cous is another "nice" option within walking distance of the Landmark. Ipanema is cool as well if you're into veggie fair.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 PM
crème de la crème.

Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy

Originally Posted by K. Legaspi
Fuck it! Go to Jen's family's restaurant!
Haha that's what I was gonna say. Iron Chef...but that might be kind of far...just kind of
Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 PM
RAMNATION

deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy

Id definitely check out Tobacco Company. Thats going to be a nicer place to dine. Thats located down cary if you keep going about 10 blocks past the landmark. Another one is right on cary before campus/landmark. Its called Can-Can. Its a real upscale almost French cuisine. It's real nice. I've been there a few times.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:09 AM
oh herro

kruucks is a jewel in the roughkruucks is a jewel in the roughkruucks is a jewel in the roughkruucks is a jewel in the rough

anyone suggest cancan's on carey yet? haven't been, but i hear great things about it.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by kruucks
anyone suggest cancan's on carey yet? haven't been, but i hear great things about it.
Yeah the post right above yours.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Fuck Bitches, Get $$

rydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud of

La Grotta, on Main and 5th? Somewhere around there. Its pretty nice and not too bad. Expect $85-120 for the two of you.

Quick Reply: Nice place for dinner in Downtown?