Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New to the site

Old 09-30-2010, 03:36 AM
OMFGTITZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
balls2dawalls balls2dawalls balls2dawalls
Default Re: New to the site

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
in VA that doesnt matter. Rules here apply to everyone who passes through.

Dont be shocked when a Cop pings you for Altered suspension, Tinted windows, illegal exhaust ect. Just sayin.
I had my 03 G35 sedan here from January until the end of May.. and it's VIP'd out... de-badged and tinted front... loud exhaust, big wheels, dropped... and no one ever touched me. Got pulled for my tint one time by a chesterfield guy... then when he realized I'm just a 21 yr old innocent white boy... he let me go.

Do the research. My vehicle is registered in Indiana. I am also a permanent resident of Indiana, and my valid driver's license is from, you guessed it, Indiana. I must abide by Indiana's laws when it comes to vehicle inspections (which we don't have). They have the right to write me a ticket for any alterations or illegal modifications on my car... not Virginia. A Virginia state trooper can NOT pull some one over on the highway with out of state tags and expect to get away with writing them a ticket for window tint. It is a STATE law that applies to Virginia STATE residents. Take it from a guy who has ALWAYS had dark tint (limo tint until I was 18)... I have never had any troubles.. even in Indiana where they have the right to give me tickets. An Ohio trooper tried to say something about it when I got a speeding ticket through there one time. Said he might have to write a ticket for that too (he was trying to nail me on everything)... then when I questioned him about the same issue.. he tried to BS me and talk about probable cause to search the vehicle and such.. and I simply mentioned if he wanted to do that then I would most definitely see him in court alongside my attorney and crush him. He gave me the ticket for 12 over and said "have a nice evening, but slow down".
Old 09-30-2010, 03:39 AM
OMFGTITZ

I should also mention, it helps when you tell cops that you help design the bullet resistant vest he's wearing.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:05 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by balls2dawalls
I had my 03 G35 sedan here from January until the end of May.. and it's VIP'd out... de-badged and tinted front... loud exhaust, big wheels, dropped... and no one ever touched me. Got pulled for my tint one time by a chesterfield guy... then when he realized I'm just a 21 yr old innocent white boy... he let me go.

Do the research. My vehicle is registered in Indiana. I am also a permanent resident of Indiana, and my valid driver's license is from, you guessed it, Indiana. I must abide by Indiana's laws when it comes to vehicle inspections (which we don't have). They have the right to write me a ticket for any alterations or illegal modifications on my car... not Virginia. A Virginia state trooper can NOT pull some one over on the highway with out of state tags and expect to get away with writing them a ticket for window tint. It is a STATE law that applies to Virginia STATE residents. Take it from a guy who has ALWAYS had dark tint (limo tint until I was 18)... I have never had any troubles.. even in Indiana where they have the right to give me tickets. An Ohio trooper tried to say something about it when I got a speeding ticket through there one time. Said he might have to write a ticket for that too (he was trying to nail me on everything)... then when I questioned him about the same issue.. he tried to BS me and talk about probable cause to search the vehicle and such.. and I simply mentioned if he wanted to do that then I would most definitely see him in court alongside my attorney and crush him. He gave me the ticket for 12 over and said "have a nice evening, but slow down".
They can. Unsafe modifications. They can also make you walk home while your car is towed. Not saying that anyone would, just saying it's an "option".
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 AM
OMFGTITZ

It's always an "option" for them. That's part of the risks we take to have nice things us "enthusiasts" like. (not so much the winder tint... but the suspension and exhaust lol)

I'll take the risks.. because that's part of it. If he wants to be a dick like that... then I'll let him. Then they can pay for the damage the tow truck does to my car's bumper, and then they'll see my pretty face in court. Most of you would be surprised what a good attorney can do for you. I never realized til I had my first reckless ticket in Indiana.. now I use him for any sort of traffic hiccup... and call him for his advice and knowledge of the laws. It helps BIG time to be educated my friends. Again, it also helps to be respectful, honest, and not drive like a douche canoe lol
Old 09-30-2010, 06:06 PM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

Originally Posted by murphy660
also seen your post while lurking on NASIOC

welcome, i have an 04 sti

you trying to let me get them bbs wheels ha
murph i miss your face! when did you get an sti?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

like a week ago. ive been hiding in the bushes and sleeping at toyota.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:01 AM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

are you 21 yet lol.. lets get a beer.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:34 AM
OMFGTITZ

Talkin to me or him? Lol but yes, I am 21
Old 10-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

4 more months. Unfortunatly

Since this seems to be an sti thread. Anyone ever Modded an 08/09 radiator to fit a 05 or seen it done?