Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New to Richmond area, need some suggestions...

Old 08-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: New to Richmond area, need some suggestions...

Originally Posted by Chris4130
try driving on coilovers with stiff spring rates!
How the fuck would you know? You and your pussy-ass spring rates.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Why in the world would you want to remove the roof on a perfectly good garage?
Most of the "garages" down here are actualy carriages houses. they suck but i still agree with ya.

Why not take a little extra time run some beams to support the roof and just ditch the dividers? thats what most people down here do. If you want an estimate for getting that done i got a few contractors ya can call. for demo or to make it "right"
Old 08-18-2005, 05:01 AM
WRX 0-60: NOW!!

MegaH_MaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by AL-David
Most of the "garages" down here are actualy carriages houses. they suck but i still agree with ya.

Why not take a little extra time run some beams to support the roof and just ditch the dividers? thats what most people down here do. If you want an estimate for getting that done i got a few contractors ya can call. for demo or to make it "right"
i like the sound of that. I just dont know too much about doing this so i wasnt sure of how realistic that would be. But if you can find some contracters that you know who would do that, thatd be great!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

the roads downtown are very very bad... thats why i put the stock suspension back on the crown vic, well actually 64 east was the major reason, but driving downtown was a bitch too

i've known people to rent garages on cary street for pretty cheap to store bikes or cars, might want to look for something around there
Old 08-18-2005, 06:12 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
the roads downtown are very very bad... thats why i put the stock suspension back on the crown vic, well actually 64 east was the major reason, but driving downtown was a bitch too

i've known people to rent garages on cary street for pretty cheap to store bikes or cars, might want to look for something around there
do you know anybody that does?
I keep my car at my parents house down in southside but I rather garage it by my house
Old 08-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

64 East is pretty fucking nice now. They repaved a whole bunch of it.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chapter8
do you know anybody that does?
I keep my car at my parents house down in southside but I rather garage it by my house
sorry i meant i know people that rented them, not the actual ones renting them out... i know there are a couple on cary like 4 blocks or so before elephant thai and the vcu tennis courts, they are on the right, i know the one on the corner used to house a yellow diablo, but my friend rented one for like next to nothing considering how huge it was inside but got kicked out when the landlord found out he was using it as a shop working on lots of other people's stuff... out of all the times i had been down cary i never even noticed they were there until i went to see his, so maybe creep down cary and look for "for rent" signs, or there might be something in the newspaper or possibly trading post

Brian, they fixed a good deal of 64, but my daily drive is between downtown and the airport, its pretty shitty
Old 08-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
sorry i meant i know people that rented them, not the actual ones renting them out... i know there are a couple on cary like 4 blocks or so before elephant thai and the vcu tennis courts, they are on the right, i know the one on the corner used to house a yellow diablo, but my friend rented one for like next to nothing considering how huge it was inside but got kicked out when the landlord found out he was using it as a shop working on lots of other people's stuff... out of all the times i had been down cary i never even noticed they were there until i went to see his, so maybe creep down cary and look for "for rent" signs, or there might be something in the newspaper or possibly trading post

Brian, they fixed a good deal of 64, but my daily drive is between downtown and the airport, its pretty shitty
ahh sweetness!
I will look into it
Old 08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

your car looks familiar. Welcome to Richmond
Old 08-21-2005, 04:26 PM
WRX 0-60: NOW!!

MegaH_MaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ok so i moved in today, and i pmd everyone who knew contractors....and no one has got back to me! can someone help me out? thanks.