Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Nerd Day, July 15th

Old 07-08-2003, 09:48 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Post Nerd Day, July 15th

Nerd Day at my place July 15th at 6p-12m. Bring your cds, mp3s, and computers with big hard drives. No need for monitors or keyboards, just the "big box part".

Setting up a 250+ gig fileserver for mp3s and movies. Will have a cd burner available to make backup copies of your cds. DSL 512/512k will be available for downloading software updates. Will be working off of the new rack configuration. Yes, more servers have been added...

All I ask in return is some time organizing mp3s into folders. Sad as it is, I truely have no idea what are on my hard drives. A few searches by others have turned up, "interesting" files.

Trying to clear out my inventory of parts, speakers, printers, and accessories. Will also have a few computers and pre-loaded hard drives available for sale if you want to play around with a home web server. This stuff will be sold off on a first come - first serve basis.

Use PMs or instant messenger to contact me for directions if you need them.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:51 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Don't worry about bringing blank cds if you need them. Have several hundred here, just buy them off of me at cost, which from me is extremely cheap.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:16 PM
H22a All The Way

gtracer2b is an unknown quantity at this point

you sellin shit like monitors and stuff too? my dad is lookin for a monitor for an extra cpu we have
Old 07-09-2003, 08:08 PM
superuser

Monitors are in short supply and both spares are spoken for. Keeping the dual 19" ones for the server rack.

If you need a good monitor cheap, let me know the size you are looking for (17" or 19") and I'll let you know when a killer deal comes along.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

hey richard how bout I bring my comp. over and u see if you can fix it lol. I never got that other hard drive working and everything is soo slow on it now. and this damn thing has soo many problems lol.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:56 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

that is awesome.. too bad i have to work
Old 07-10-2003, 03:46 PM
superuser

Yeah bring it over that day.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:50 AM
superuser

OfficeMax will have D-Link brand ethernet cards free after rebate starting Sunday if you need one for Nerd Day.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:57 AM
superuser

Monitors, entry-level 19" new for $130 after savings of $100 with .$60 rebate and $40 coupon. The discount is for Saturday's private Friends and Family discount event at OfficeMax. I run dual very high-end 19" monitors at the house for reference.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:18 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want to get my shit working right lol.dude wait isn't the 15th on a tues?? I work overnight tues, but I might be out by 11-12, so I will be pretty late I guess.

I need good directions again lol.

Quick Reply: Nerd Day, July 15th