Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need tire stretching services (yes, I searched)

Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
garrett has disabled reputation
Default Need tire stretching services (yes, I searched)

I have a set of tires that I need mounted and balanced, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a shop willing to do it. Mincz tire (who mounted my last set of mildly stretched tires) won't touch these, and RPM has already turned me down. I know there are a few guys on here that get their stretch on, so I'm wondering if anyone can hook me up. Case of beer, monetary compensation, whatever; I just need to get these bitches mounted. Wheels are 17x8, tires going on are 205/40/17's.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Went Full Retard

VAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Need tire stretching services (yes, I searched)

Or just get different wheels. Common sense tells me that if you need to modify the tire to fit the wheel, they probably were never meant to work. And if even if you do mount the tires, the design of the tire was never intended to be used in such a manner. Just sayin....
Old 04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

wait 40 series stretched on Richmond roads...

bwa hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha breath hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Don't need sarcasm or ridicule, just answers. I've run stretched tires and low offsets for a couple years now, and I have had no problems other than finding someone to mount them for me. When I run at events, I have a separate set of wheels and tires.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

205 on an 8 is a stretch? That's extremely mild... In fact, my Sentra has 205s on 8s.

Call Virginia Solar Tinting. (804) 276-5205
Old 04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

ImportImage is a jewel in the roughImportImage is a jewel in the roughImportImage is a jewel in the roughImportImage is a jewel in the roughImportImage is a jewel in the rough

It's not like this is an impossible stretch? Not sure why your being turned down.

Contact Beans90crx.

He got a set mounted with the same tire size but on a 16 i believe at a shop that only charged $15 a piece and did a killer job.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ImportImage
It's not like this is an impossible stretch? Not sure why your being turned down.

Contact Beans90crx.

He got a set mounted with the same tire size but on a 16 i believe at a shop that only charged $15 a piece and did a killer job.
I know, thats what I'm saying; I don't know why it's such a big deal. RPM wanted to charge me $200+ to dismount my old tires and mount the new ones (and that was before I told them the sizes).
Old 04-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS

Buffalo tire near richmond airport did my last, 16x9 with 215/40's and they did it with no problem at all. I have a buddy at merchants that's done 2 sets for me. I think it's more liability then anything. It's not hard to set them up, people are just concerned because a tire's not designed to work like that.

Try buffalo
Old 04-07-2010, 06:17 PM
ur opinion is WRONG

Ucantry has disabled reputation

take em to chris at HOWE audio, hes done alot of setups for me and others on here

http://howeaudio.com/

Last edited by Ucantry; 04-07-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

^Thank you both for the no BS replies. I will check out both those places tomorrow

Quick Reply: Need tire stretching services (yes, I searched)