Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need A Shop That Dosen't Rape Wallets

Old 10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Now Riding Dirty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint
Default Need A Shop That Dosen't Rape Wallets

I have a situation with my Audi A4. I was doing a tune up on my car and swapped the air filter to a K&N and put in NGK Platinum spark plugs, the same ones I pulled out, the two prong pre gapped ones. I didn't cross the wires, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, I took the old ones out and put the new ones right back in. My car was running fine before. On the first start up the engine started misfiring and shaking violently. Upon inspecting all of the new plugs I pulled this one out of the middle cylinder on the driver's side.

My check engine light is flashing and I'm afraid to drive it to advance, autozone, random shop etc.. to hook it up to VAG-COM to find the problem. I need to tow it to a good shop who won't charge me out the yin yang to fix whatever is gone wrong with my car as I am in a very tight spot. Any insight for a long time fellow Drag VA member?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: Need A Shop That Dosen't Rape Wallets

My advice to you is that you can't expect what to pay anywhere if you have no clue whats wrong. Anywhere can get expensive if yer shits real busted.

Call Adrenaline. I'm no help here.

Last edited by FlimFlam; 10-09-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

was your car smoking? could be head gasket, could be valve cover seals. also no plugs come pregapped but that shouldn't cause that...

edit: this sounds really weird is this you're first time changing plugs?...put the stock intake back and oem plugs and go from there

Last edited by POS DSM; 10-09-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:52 AM
SLOWWWWW B5

yung_wallace has disabled reputation

is it a B5? i have one too and is it misfiring?
Old 10-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

fuck put the old shit back in filter/plugs etc...see what happens, try disconnecting the battery for awhile and letting the ecu reset itself
Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Get a better pic, I can't tell if thats fuel fowled or oil fowled. Meaning you either have a problem, or you have a serious problem.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Registered member

93TurboDA is a name known to all93TurboDA is a name known to all93TurboDA is a name known to all93TurboDA is a name known to all93TurboDA is a name known to all93TurboDA is a name known to all

those have a coilpack per cylinder?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:20 AM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

We will be glad to take a look at it. And can get it towed in if needed. Give us a call 804-525-6738
Old 10-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Now Riding Dirty

dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint

The car is not smoking but there is a weird exhaust note but I chalk that up to the misfire. I have changed plugs before but not in this car. I know I didn't screw anything up. I replaced this fowled plug with one of the old ones but didn't try to swap all of them back to the old ones and put in the old air filter and it was still misfiring when I started it. I disconnected the battery last night to reset the ECU but have not had a chance to see if that helps yet.

Yes its a B5 a 98 2.8L Quattro. And yes it does have a coil.

Here's a bit better pic of the fowled plug:

If I can't figure this out I will have it towed to Adrenaline.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

that is not a better pic. get some lighting in there.

Quick Reply: Need A Shop That Dosen't Rape Wallets