Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need a roommate in Dec./Jan

Old 10-11-2003, 05:22 PM
DILLIGAF?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need a roommate in Dec./Jan

Hey all,

My r/mate has informed me she's leaving in dec. after graduation. I need a r/mate ASAP to replace her when she leaves. Rent is 372.50 a month, utilities run about 70/month (electricity, phone, cable). Apt is in west end. Need someone dependable who pays their shit. Apt is huge. PM me for details or hit me up on aim: Badbeck2002. No gender preference, just osmeone who's willing to do their share and will have mutual respect sharing a place.

edit: btw, lease ends in may of 2004. so it'd only be about 5-6 months unless it works out so whoever wants to stay antoher year.

Last edited by BadBeck; 10-12-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:49 AM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

details? just im me sometime or e-mail me and we'll talk about it
Old 10-12-2003, 08:06 AM
boys are stupid

SEVENSEVENTYZ has disabled reputation

mo and becky livin together.... hehehe - I wanna move in tooo!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 02:08 PM
DILLIGAF?

damn if mo moved in we might have to start having some serious parties..but seriously. i need a damn r/mate. i already had one nervous breakdown over htis last night so if theres anyone dependable you know of please let me know.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:14 AM
DILLIGAF?

hey missy you ever thought about living in richmond for awhile? If it doesnt work out my lease only goes till may and i coudl find someone else. would petsmart transfer you to the one up here? you'd be MUCH closer to chris

seriously guys i really need help on this-please spread the word to people you'd trust to pay their shit on time, (dont wanna go to court again) i really would appreciate some help right now.

Last edited by BadBeck; 10-13-2003 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:23 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Contractual obligation if her name is on the lease. Subletting, if permitted by the lease, would require your consent as to the choice of roomate.

How this is handled is a sign of responsibility and maturity.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:26 AM
DILLIGAF?

i know all this. i've been to court once w/ the other idiots i lived with. i have no prob with handling it maturely. its on her to be mature about it and take responsibility since she put her name on the lease w/o reading the terms. i dont want it to turn into some drama nightmare, but i'm afraid thats how it'll end up b/c she'll attempt to lay the blame on me in some fashion (i've already heard "i'ts not fair!" when she was informed about the 1500 fee to break it early).
Old 10-13-2003, 11:37 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Best option, as you are already taking steps towards, is finding your own choice of roommate. That does not mean that you should bear the full weight of finding someone or paying for any difference in rental fees. As you have mentioned to me offline, there is a substantial lease termination fee, which would be called into effect if your roommate wants to leave, and if no subletting is permitted.

Check with the rental office. They may be able to assist you in placing all utilities in your name (they have utility contact numbers and experience with this type of situation) and may even allow you to pay for only half of the rent and hold your roommate liable for the other half, although this is not very common.

Life's not fair. Breaking contracts have consequences. That's why many marriages have pre-nup's.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:45 AM
superuser

Oh yeah, I can get mean. The last roommate that tried to walk a the contract with me had to file for bankruptcy when I was done. You don't want to make me mad.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:34 PM
<3 My Shrek<3

stockkiagurl is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL @ becky..have u been tlakin to mary? hehehe ... i cant trasnfer right now..i jsut got promoted. And i also have a shot at an engineering co-op thingy here in NN that I have been tryin to get into for over a year. But if that doesnt work out and my position becomes availabel in richmond i would surely LOVE to be closer to chris

Quick Reply: Need a roommate in Dec./Jan