Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Moving to Richmond soon

Old 05-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ericlws66 is on a distinguished road
Default Moving to Richmond soon

Yo, Whats going on in central VA? been on drag/driven for awhile now, but in nova and western sections.
I'm graduating from VT next Friday and moving there for my job the following Monday.
I have a temporary place to stay with a friend, but need to find something more permanent soon. Looking for a place to rent with some fellow car enthusiasts with a garage. If you know of anyone that needs a roommate and has a garage, pm me.
What is there to do in Richmond? Cool spots? etc.
Don't have a "fast" car right now, sold my turbo Laser about a month ago. But as soon as i get a garage, ill be bringing down my 67 Ford Galaxie Convertible.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L
Default Re: Moving to Richmond soon

what side of town is your job
Old 05-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

Right at the 64/195 exit.. on Laburnum ave.
Also, staying in Hopewell for now. So it seems like ill have a shitty drive doing 95 north to 64w or 195.
Any recommendations on which way to go. 195 had a toll when i went for the interview. It wasnt bad when i went through it, but im sure it will be during peak times.

Last edited by ericlws66; 05-01-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

did you ever live in the alamo off turner street?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

well if your in the city then its a matter of preference. If you choose the southside you'll have to pay tolls everyday but you could always get smart tag. There are some really nice new apartments in the Midlothian area. I dont know much about the west end since i didnt grow up in that part of town. Alot of the new Apartments downtown are building garages on the street level I would look into that.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

sucks that you're moving here...there aint shit to do lol
but the toll roads aren't bad at all...you can't compare our "traffic" to nova so i wouldn't even worry about that.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rally Red 98
did you ever live in the alamo off turner street?
Are you referring to turner street in blacksburg? no I didn't.

I forgot my hours are flexible, so I'll just find the right time to go into/leave work to avoid least amount of congestion at tolls i guess.

Jen, Three of my friends were saying I'm going to love Richmond lol Plenty to do. I actually "kind of" met you and Terry at HIN. I'm Eric "rhombus" Walter's roommate. We were talking to Chris B. for awhile, and I was drooling over your's and Terry's cars. Glad I'm finally out of college and can hopefully build something nicer.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by ericlws66
Are you referring to turner street in blacksburg? no I didn't.

I forgot my hours are flexible, so I'll just find the right time to go into/leave work to avoid least amount of congestion at tolls i guess.

Jen, Three of my friends were saying I'm going to love Richmond lol Plenty to do. I actually "kind of" met you and Terry at HIN. I'm Eric "rhombus" Walter's roommate. We were talking to Chris B. for awhile, and I was drooling over your's and Terry's cars. Glad I'm finally out of college and can hopefully build something nicer.
i guess maybe your friends never really travel...richmond is pretty damn boring. unless you enjoy sitting around and getting drunk all the time, then you'll love richmond.

oh you should have introduced yourself! i'm not sure if we were actually at our cars though...but thank you!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AsianNameTagGrl
i guess maybe your friends never really travel...richmond is pretty damn boring. unless you enjoy sitting around and getting drunk all the time, then you'll love richmond.

oh you should have introduced yourself! i'm not sure if we were actually at our cars though...but thank you!

LOL maybe my friends were just saying that to get me to move there. And sitting around and getting drunk pretty much describes them, so i guess that's why they think it's fun.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ericlws66
LOL maybe my friends were just saying that to get me to move there. And sitting around and getting drunk pretty much describes them, so i guess that's why they think it's fun.
yeah that's basically all richmond is...white folks getting wasted every weekend. sorry but that is not fun to me lol.

Quick Reply: Moving to Richmond soon