Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Met my new neighbor, Amber listened to him in middle school...

Old 03-23-2004, 05:12 PM
the baddest assed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE
Default Re: Met my new neighbor, Amber listened to him in middle school...

i thought i heard billy surf got fired from q94 for messing around with a 16 year old?
Old 03-23-2004, 05:40 PM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i thought i heard billy surf got fired from q94 for messing around with a 16 year old?

that woudlnt surprise me-he kinda looks like he might be a child molester. LOL
Old 05-19-2004, 10:56 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by vartv.com
Apex Broadcasting's Hot AC "Coast 92.5" WCSQ Charleston SC has announced that former CC CHR "Q94" WRVQ/94.5 Richmond PD Billy Surf has accepted the same position at the Coast. Surf starts his new gig on June 1, taking programming duties from OM John Anthony. It is a return to Charleston for Surf, who was PD of crosstown Citadel-owned CHR WSSX/95.1 in 1998.

Oh well.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:00 PM
DEEZ NUTZ

4g63NT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
Actually,Billy Surf and about 3 others were fired after the network decided to make some program changes and updates.My sig. other
waited on him at the ric. city courts for something to do with his divorce
Old 05-26-2004, 05:26 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Massive changes at Clear Channel CHR "Q94" WRVQ/94.5 Richmond which has hired veteran programmer and air talent Wayne Coy as its new PD/morning man, beginning today. He's replacing PD/morning man Billy Surf. Also joining Coy as morning co-host is new APD Darrin Stone, in-bound from KZPT Tucson. They worked together at CHR "Sweet 98" KQKQ Omaha NE and WABB Mobile AL for many years. Current WRVQ morning co-host Melissa Chase remains aboard and will join Coy and Stone on Monday, while Betty Bodine exits.

Other changes include new MD/afternooner Jonathan Reed (formerly with WZEE Madison WI, KSLZ St Louis, WABB and WDBT Jackson MS) replacing Travis Dylan. New to nights at Q94 is WZEE APD/Promotion Dir Joey Hoops, who will replace Jake Glenn. Hoops starts May 24. Jason Page remains in middays, as does late nighter Kirby Carmichael.

Coy said, "I'm happy to be returning to Virginia and stoked about the team that we have built to return this great set of call letters to the top. Q94 has been a major part of Richmond's culture for a long time and we intend to keep it that way. This is gonna be fun".

Clear Channel RVP/Virginia trading area and Richmond Market Manager Ruth Jones adds, "Wayne is the perfect choice for this situation. His winning track record as a programmer and personality was key. We're all looking forward to the future under his leadership".

Surf told AllAccess.com, "WRVQ-Q94 was such a pleasure to program. I grew up listening to this station as I traveled from DC to Tampa on summer vacation as a kid. I will miss the great people I've worked with over the last 3 years and wish Wayne Coy and his new staff the best. Q94 is such an incredible radio station to have been a part of. I was blown away by all the calls and e-mails I received today and am very lucky to have so many wonderful friends in this business. I have a few things already on the table and am looking forward to my new challenge. I think I'll sleep in past 4:30 tomorrow morning." Source: AllAccess.com..... (4/29/04)
Old 05-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

crx2sol is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't Billy Surf get canned awhile back?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:35 AM
superuser

Please read the post directly above yours for the explanation...
Old 05-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Big Poppa

hovocx hovocx hovocx

i see a black...jeep i think it is that travels down winterpock, [plates are dj travis, is that the same guy off q94 that mentioned in this article?
Old 05-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Enthusiast

sarturo is an unknown quantity at this point

actually he was fooling around with a chick at my highschool, that at the time was 16 or 17, this was during my junior year i graduated in 03, supposedly she aborted his baby, pretty fucked up shit if u ask me. isnt he like 30 something
Old 05-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Si2See has disabled reputation

I honestly doubt all of this but you never know.. His girlfriend is a really nice girl and she loves him to death. Supposedly they have tons of fun together and as far as I know she lives with him. It almost seemed like she was in love with his money though.... I wonder if they will last now since he got the boot.

Quick Reply: Met my new neighbor, Amber listened to him in middle school...