VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Meet locations (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/meet-locations-126868/)

Del La Sol 1320 02-16-2006 05:30 AM

Re: Meet locations

she called the lady again and no answer, left her another message to call back

Del La Sol 1320 02-17-2006 10:59 AM

Ok the lady that runs it is apparently on vacation or something, my mom keeps going to her house but no one is ever home or answers the phone and she said she knows she doesn't work or anything. So she left a couple messages, we are just waiting on her to call us back. My mom said she's almost certain we can get the place, but she just doesn't have a clue if it will cost $100 or $1,000, it was $300ish with the building when she ran it but thats been 10 years.

If my parents still ran the place we could have it tomorrow for free, but they used to have cambodian new years there, one year they went nuts, punched holes in the walls, stabbed literally thousands of toothpicks into the 20 foot ceiling(how people 5 feet tall did this with out ladders we still don't know) and walls, left food in the microwave running for apparently hours and destroyed it, spilled food and drink all over the place and basically just destroyed the building, there had been alot of "political" bullshit going on there anyways in the neighborhood orginization so my parents were like screw it and quit... so you can thank asians' inability as a people to hold their alchohol for the meet not being a done deal yet... i'll keep you posted

Del La Sol 1320 02-21-2006 05:26 PM

Alright she got ahold of the lady. Heres the deal, she said Sundays are the easiest because they are actually the day they have the least things already booked. I didn't specify a date yet but if this still sounds like a possibility just tell me when you want and I'll see whats available. She said the fact that its a car group is no problem and the number of people isn't a problem. The rates are as follows...

Non-member days rental: $500
Member days rental: $200
Janitorial fee: $90
Building janitorial fee: $200
Security deposit: $250

I thought me living in the neighborhood qualified me as a member, but apparently you have to pay dues, so if we want to get the discounted member rate we just need to get my parents to official rent it out, my mom said she would ask my dad but thinks it would be fine. She said the lady said if we just use the building for it's bathrooms then we won't have to pay the $200 building clean up fee, and as long as people don't go all cambodian on the building we will get back the $250 security deposit after the event. So we would be looking at $290 best case scenario to rent it, which to me sounds like the most likely cost we will encounter, after the $250 refunded deposit that is, so an initial payment of $540. Now if we want to use the building for more than its bathrooms, its like a ballroom, stage, kitchen, offices then we are talking $490 after the refund, or $740 up front. Worst case if people mess up the building and we don't get a deposit back and they have to clean the building it could end up costing $740, just to put it out there that it could end up costing that much. But if your still interested I'll get out there and take some pictures this weekend or maybe someone more officially involved in setting this up could come out and take a look at the place.

Young L 02-21-2006 05:44 PM

^^^^ I think the building would be best used for just the bathrooms imo. as long as there is places to sit in shade outside and grill up some food thats all we really need. OH and a hose outside and some tarp make a slip and slide that would be fun:D And also i'd be down to help out in getting this thing organized if there is anything I can do, just let me know. My brother is a DJ and i could ask him if he'd want to provide the music i could prolly get him to do it for free.

Eliott

da-nteg 02-27-2006 10:55 AM

Meet locations

I didnt read all the pages... but did anyone check out G-force????

HORNY4ZORNY 02-27-2006 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by da-nteg
I didnt read all the pages... but did anyone check out G-force????

and this is why you should have read all the pages.....

El Negro 02-28-2006 02:46 PM

How much are we going to need and when are we going to need it by?

We won't need the building.

JDM_EF3 03-04-2006 10:07 AM

I'm game for helping in anyway possible...money, setup or anything else

skott 03-05-2006 03:57 AM

Shit I would say The Rec Warehouse Parking lot off of Woodman... It would defiantly hold all the cars. But theres an ass load of cops in the area... Which would keep allot of stupidness to a minimum. Also its easy to get to from 64 or 95...

If that sounds like a good location let me know and I can ask the boss type if he minds, Since the store closes at 8 on weekdays and 6 on week ends...
~skottie b...

Edited

Talked to 2 of the Assis Managers at work... They said they dont see an issue w/ it.. Since theres a bike groups and a vette club that hang out there on Sat. But the final word would come from the property manager... If anyone wants that info. PM me...
~skottie b...

skott 03-05-2006 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Young L
^^^^ I think the building would be best used for just the bathrooms imo. as long as there is places to sit in shade outside and grill up some food thats all we really need. OH and a hose outside and some tarp make a slip and slide that would be fun:D And also i'd be down to help out in getting this thing organized if there is anything I can do, just let me know. My brother is a DJ and i could ask him if he'd want to provide the music i could prolly get him to do it for free.

Eliott

Whats your brotehrs name??? I know a good deal of the DJ's here in Richmond and around... I can get all styles of music covered if this place is decided on... As well my roomie DJ's hip hop, breaks and DMC...