Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

mechanic in need of a home

Old 01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Chopz {JRB}

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corvus has disabled reputation
Default mechanic in need of a home

So I've just moved back to richmond from virginia beach as I was down there for an auto school studying for high performance and I'm in need of a shop to work in. Id like to land a job in a performance shop as it is my passion. I have my own tools and box. I'm still kind of green to the field but I'm very willing to learn. If interested in good hands please contact me at (757) 928- 5478. My name is William
Old 01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: mechanic in need of a home

have you searched for any high performance shops in your area....? get those phone numbers and start that way... looking for high performance work on here is 50/50
Old 01-08-2012, 05:50 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

hold the fuck up.

you're in "auto school", "green to the field" and want to "land a job in a performance shop"?

seriously...

did you vote for obama?

get a job in a dealership to get steady hours that will pay your bills and for more tools, get a good reputation, and make some connections in the new area before you try to go to the upper crust of automotive work.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Chopz {JRB}

I'm out of school and I did a year in a gm dealership.... and yes id say I'm still a little green to the field because no I do not know everything there is to know
Old 01-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Chopz {JRB}

And what does my voting preferences whether I voted for obama ornot has nothing to do with my abilities as a tech..... opinions are like assholes.... everyones got one..... no need to be rude jackass
Old 01-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Chopz {JRB}

I'm out of school and I did a year in a gm dealership.... and yes id say I'm still a little green to the field because no I do not know everything there is to know
Old 01-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Rockin Red Wheels!

8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic

Originally Posted by Corvus
And what does my voting preferences whether I voted for obama ornot has nothing to do with my abilities as a tech..... opinions are like assholes.... everyones got one..... no need to be rude jackass

trying to get your post count up brah?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:02 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

First off, learn how to use the multiquote feature. its the little box with quotation marks and a "+" sign in it on the bottom right of your post.

SECONDLY, cool your jets before you start getting pissed off. expect flaming, its gonna happen, get the fuck over it. You want to make it to a performance shop eventually? get a job at a dealership and put in wrench time. Nobody is gona hire a kid straight out of auto tech school and one year expeirance to build engines that cost more than what someones life is usually worth. Make your mistaes on warranty bullshit work, not someones drag car/pride and joy.

Now go look in the craigslist classifieds.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say start searching immediately for a job in the performance field. I know 4 people in their early 20's working at performance shop... they're not making much money, but they are getting experience in exactly what they want to do. I know one guy that ended up being the general manager of a good shop and started out small.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:26 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon
I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say start searching immediately for a job in the performance field. I know 4 people in their early 20's working at performance shop... they're not making much money, but they are getting experience in exactly what they want to do. I know one guy that ended up being the general manager of a good shop and started out small.
you got fired for overstating your qualifications at your last job.

Quick Reply: mechanic in need of a home