Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Me vs. Tuckahoe BP

Old 05-14-2008, 06:34 AM
uses cruise control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tangoDelta can only hope to improve
Default Me vs. Tuckahoe BP

Monday I stopped at Tuckahoe BP, 11310 Patterson Ave, Richmond VA for gas. I had between a quarter of a tank and half of a tank. Hell, long story short, here is an email I sent to BP consumer relations office:

Sir or Ma'am,

On May 12th I stopped at the Tuckahoe BP station at 11310 Patterson Ave, Richmond VA. After prepaying with my debit card I began to pump gas into my vehicle on pump #8 and as I got to about 4 gallons of fuel another customer asked me for directions. I took my hand off of the nozzle but the pump continued to count as though I was still pumping gas. I checked the nozzle and NO fuel was coming out yet the pump continued to run. I left the nozzle in the gas tank of my vehicle and went inside to talk to an attendant. There were two people working at the time, a man and a woman. The man came outside and verified that I was not getting any fuel but the pump was still charging me for gallon after gallon of gas. We also noticed at this point that there was fuel coming from underneath of the pump. We hung up the nozzle on the pump to stop everything.

I then spoke with the woman who was working. She called her manager, Debbie, and was told that we would have to wait until the next day when the "gas man" could come and verify that something is wrong with the pump. I left my contact information and also got a phone number so that I could call the gas station. The number they gave me was wrong so I got the correct number off of your website.

I called Debbie today and she informed me that the "gas man" was not able to come today and she would not refund my money. She also said that pump #8 has been in use all day and there have been no problems.

1) TWO employees witnessed the problem and the manager (Debbie) will not refund my money.

2) About 9 gallons of fuel (4 gallons into my vehicle, 13 gallons registered on the pump) was released onto the ground but NOBODY at the station notified VDEM, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management. I know this because I work at Fort Pickett, VA in the Joint Operations Center. We monitor things like this and NO report came across about this gas station.

3) Two employees witnessed that pump #8 leaked fuel onto the ground yet the manager (Debbie) decided to reuse that pump today without having it inspected by a professional.

When I say there was fuel on the ground I don't mean that fuel leaked out of the nozzle onto the ground. This fuel was spilling out from the bottom of the pump.

What will be done to correct this situation? I paid $51.99 ($3.919/gal) for 13.265 gallons of fuel. My tank has a maximum capacity of 12 gallons! I only pumped ~4 gallons into my vehicle, and I have no problem paying for those 4 gallons. This means that Tuckahoe BP owes me $36.31. Another issue is that neither of the employees working reported the fuel spill to the Virginia Department of Emergency Management and on top of that neither did the manager Debbie. Debbie also decided to reuse the faulty pump without having it inspected by a professional.

The incident occured on May 12th, this email was sent on May 13th. I also contacted the Henrico Police department in regards to them not reporting the spill, they gave me the number to the Fire Marshall, CPT. Jones. I left a message for him. I have also contacted the Better Business Bureau and am waiting on a response from them.

BP said they can't really do anything because its a privately owned gas station.

So the manager of this gas station is pretty much calling me a liar and getting away with it. She, and every station she manages, is now a project of mine. If nothing happens in a day or two I'm going to start calling radio stations and telling the story.

I'm looking for ideas, ANY ideas at all, to really stick it to Debbie and that gas station. Post up your ideas, and if you're in the central VA area don't do business with that gas station, or BP in general.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:10 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: Me vs. Tuckahoe BP

Hit her.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

slotec has disabled reputation

call cbs 6 news and tell them your story Im sure they will report it.

www.wtvr.com
Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Interesting, I remember about 2 weeks or so when another pump spilled fuel all over the ground because it would not shut off. I use that gas station regularly and saw the do not use/out of order bag on the pump.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

japspec4g63 is an unknown quantity at this point

your bank should have insurance so you can report it to your bank and try to get money bank from that end. also there is always BBB to report to.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Fuck the BBB. They don't do anything especially if the station is a member. Seriously are you going to go after the establishment that funds you? Have you contacted the AG or anyone involved with the EPA, Henrico county, etc?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

Yea, BBB won't do shit.

Talk to your bank, and talk to news stations. With the price of gas and peoples interest in it, I'm sure they will jump on the story. I would see the money as inconsequential, but you are trying to make a point, and media would be the best way imho.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

yeah call news stations
Old 05-14-2008, 07:30 AM
<for rent>

Richter has disabled reputation

12 on your side ftw!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:30 AM
uses cruise control

tangoDelta can only hope to improve

Fresh update:

Just got off of the phone with the manager and it looks like things are going to get sorted out as far as my refund. She gave me the phone number to her district manager and said he is aware of the situation and will take care of it.