Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Lookin for Local Job.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Now Riding Dirty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint
Default Lookin for Local Job.

Heres my deal, I've been looking for a good job now for about 3 months and tried a few things went on multiple interviews but almost never get a call back. Probably the biggest draw back on why i never got a call back is because of my age (turn 19 Sunday).I don't have much experience in the automotive field but im lookin for some place that would give me a chance. Im a hard worker and fast learner. I finished up high school early back in Dec. so I'm looking for a full time position. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated cause the Richmond Times Dispach just isnt cutting it anymore.

Thanks alot, Jonathan.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:10 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Lookin for Local Job.

Let me see what I can do. What kind if any experience do you have in the auto field?
Old 02-25-2005, 07:14 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Do you have a resume?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

A resume online will work wonders. Hell I get people emailing me to wanna talk and its not even in my career field.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

You're 29...he's 19. Resume is better than nothing, but I wouldn't expect it to work wonders for him.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Now Riding Dirty

dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint dilingkwint

The only professional auto experience i have is installing parts for Truckin Thunder but that was some fairly simple stuff. I can change my own oil and hoses and easy stufff like that on my cars. Where can i go online to help me set up a resume?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Slow as Shit

www.monster.com www.careerbuilder.com are a few places. I know Goodyear is hiring for General Service techs, and Merchants may need some GS Techs. It's worth a shot.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:11 AM
moDUH ratR

zenkiticks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dilingkwint
The only professional auto experience i have is installing parts for Truckin Thunder but that was some fairly simple stuff. I can change my own oil and hoses and easy stufff like that on my cars. Where can i go online to help me set up a resume?

you should show the interviewER what you've done to your car? vinyl, nitrous stickers, neon, etc.? on second thought, that won't help you much either....
Old 03-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Maybe your biggest draw back has nothing to do with your age. Ponder that for a few.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:29 AM
Chicks dig my viper

Juan Ehnch Dong has disabled reputation

I would do a mock interview with one of your parents or better yet a total stranger. Then ask them for feedback. I bet you suck.

Then get some experience dumbass, Richmond Tech, JSRCC both have automotive programs. No one has time to babysit and teach you everything on the job.

Quick Reply: Lookin for Local Job.