Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Local Welder, Aluminum and/or steel?

Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Murdered Out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all
Default Local Welder, Aluminum and/or steel?

I was wondering if anyone knows or can weld something for me. I have broken the aluminum subframe on my GSXR and thinking about either re-welding the aluminum or getting someone to fabricate me one out of steel. I am just wondering if you or someone you know can help me out. Just wondering who would be up the the job,

Thanks in advanced for any help guys.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS
Default Re: Local Welder, Aluminum and/or steel?

I'm assuming you want someone to come to you to weld it? There's a welding shop near richmond airport that we take our shop stuff to get welded, they do a pretty good job
Old 02-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

No I can bring either the bike or the actual subframe anywhere. Ill check that place out tho. Thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

I dont know where you are located but there is a good tig welder here in the 757. PM me if you want his info.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 AM
Registered Member

Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS

Originally Posted by Up_on1
No I can bring either the bike or the actual subframe anywhere. Ill check that place out tho. Thanks
The shop is called Martin Metal Fab
Old 02-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Weldone incorporated off of patterson
Old 02-20-2008, 06:54 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Since you do use it for stunting, getting a steel subframe fabbed up really wouldn't be a bad idea. And anyone with two halfs of a brain cell can weld/bend steel.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Murdered Out

yea hopefully once I get this done, there isnt anything else to break. I might check out that place off patterson. Its just that I know if I take it to a place to have the subframe fabricated completely out of steel, i didnt wanna pay an arm and a leg to have it done. They sell some for like $400 + shipping for my bike but I dont have that kinda money to spend on a bike that falls alot.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:19 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

For a bike that falls alot, a steel subframe would be better than constantly welding/rewelding broken joints on the aluminum piece.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Murdered Out

This is what I need to have made from steel.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

any welders up for the challenge? $100??

Quick Reply: Local Welder, Aluminum and/or steel?