Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Local SRT-4 owners...

Old 05-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Local SRT-4 owners...

Please bear with me, as I have no fucking clue what this guy was talking about, but it seemed like a good thing to pass along...

I was approached this week at work by a guy that is supposidly engineering and designing a manual boost controller for SRT-4s with a stock turbo setup. He said his setup will support up to 21lbs of boost, and I guess thats a big deal. I find it hard a stock turbo would be efficent in that range, but like I said, I know squat when it comes to these fuckers. The guy said the "brand x" MBC's tee off of important vac. lines that lead to sensors and whatnot and it fucks with how the boost controller operates. His MBC comes with specific directions on how to set it up and supposidly it works great. Or so he says.

Anywho, he will be dropping off 2 of these MBCs with me to have customer's use and experiment with and give me feedback to let him now how they like them/hate them/etc and I was posting here to see if there is anyone that would like to do so. It's free to try and as far as I know, if you like it, I think (emphasis on the "think") you can keep them for helping him do some R&D.

If you are interested, post here and I'll contact you when these things are dropped off.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

94ta_lt1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Local SRT-4 owners...

i know a good friend that would be interested when you get them. Just pm me and let me know.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Company Man

LoWPRoFiLE LoWPRoFiLE LoWPRoFiLE

He should create a video of him creating the product, then one of the car with it in use. I'd be weary to try an experimental product on a brand new car.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by LoWPRoFiLE
He should create a video of him creating the product, then one of the car with it in use. I'd be weary to try an experimental product on a brand new car.
It's not MY product, so I make no promises of any sort, but just about every part on the market of any kind had to be tested at some point.

Obviously if you do not want your car boosting as high as this product needs to be tested, then don't bother.

94ta_lt1, thanks. I'll let you know when he drops them off, this will be a first come, first serve kinda deal.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:47 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

TXS has directions for locating it on their site....

http://www.turboxs.com/turboxssrt4.htm

and if you dont try shit out, you dont fuck up and make more power.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
The guy said the "brand x" MBC's tee off of important vac. lines that lead to sensors and whatnot and it fucks with how the boost controller operates. His MBC comes with specific directions on how to set it up and supposidly it works great. Or so he says.
Ummm... so why can't you just tee off diffrent vac lines? This guy sounds like a moron. Tell him some guys tried it and both their cars blew up and they expect him to pay for the damages.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Ummm... so why can't you just tee off diffrent vac lines? This guy sounds like a moron. Tell him some guys tried it and both their cars blew up and they expect him to pay for the damages.
hahaha
Old 05-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Banned

blacksrt4guy is an unknown quantity at this point

21 pounds is just out of the stock turbo's efficiency range. it will do no good. also, there are many people running the turboxs manual boost controller on our cars with no problems. if you dont have fuel mods, 21 pounds of boost will kill our cars. if you do have fuel mods, it wont do much, cause like i said, its out of our turbos efficiency range.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Ummm... so why can't you just tee off diffrent vac lines? This guy sounds like a moron. .
exactly what i was thinkin
Old 05-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Banned

BOOSTEDNEONSRT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blacksrt4guy
21 pounds is just out of the stock turbo's efficiency range. it will do no good. also, there are many people running the turboxs manual boost controller on our cars with no problems. if you dont have fuel mods, 21 pounds of boost will kill our cars. if you do have fuel mods, it wont do much, cause like i said, its out of our turbos efficiency range.
It probably is a bit out of the turbos efficiency range, although running 21lbs will give mad torque down low. Dasmopar if your familiar with him on srtforums is running 12 flat with 21lbs peak on the stock turbo. Stage 1 at least is needed to raise it that far.

As for the topic of the thread, my Pleasants Hardware BC works just fine.

Quick Reply: Local SRT-4 owners...