Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Kevin..my goal on motor

Old 04-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Kevin..my goal on motor

http://www.testicleez.com/vids/Car%20Vids/FinalDyno.wmv

thats what I am shooting for on motor with the tuning and tuneup. Already installed new 02 sensors.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

reneponac will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Kevin..my goal on motor

Kevin the guy makes 300hp 300tq with SCT, dr gas x, mac catback, K&N. I know you aren't really able to watch online video.......
Old 04-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by reneponac
Kevin the guy makes 300hp 300tq with SCT, dr gas x, mac catback, K&N. I know you aren't really able to watch online video.......
Cool, thanks for the scoop since I cant watch the vid. Plus I've never been one to click a link that starts with testicleez.com

Phil, you are at 274hp as of now with a horrible stock tune. I have no doubt you'll crest 300hp with the SCT 00.and a tune up of sorts.

Sidenote: I had a BONE STOCK 98 Cobra come in and dyno @ 275hp/273tq. Because of this thread I was curious to find out what yours did with your little bit of mods and your best was 273hp/263tq. What I noticed is that you have much less bottom end then a stock car.

At the point I highlighted below on the graph you are making 33ft/lbs of torque LESS then a stock car. Seems odd. Your air/fuel ratio is also very lean, but neither of these cars had been ever tuned. Obviously the lean condition is why you arent making the same torque, but this just proves that every car is different and it's impossible to say "well this guy made this power...so mine will too." Word?

We'll see.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Oh I didnt know u cant watch vids. LOL. I am hoping the new wires, plugs sensors and tune will help. In addition the aluminum d/s(this car rides so much smoother now too) might help just a tad.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:45 AM
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all

Shame you can't see the vid Kevin, you'd be diggin it. Dark Blue 01 Cobra with black Saleen Replica 18's...sounded good too.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:24 AM

slither slither slither slither slither slither

FIrst off, most stock cobra make at 262-270, 270 being a freak for stock. Woodrows numbers seem maybe a touch down, but that could be due to the dyno he used, so who knows. He also has 4.30 gears, which definatly dont help him dyno.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Slow as Shit

I would venture the horrible tune and the gears. The gears really don't help. Most on average 96-98 cobras stock make 258-265 stock. Very rarely do you see one make over 270 stock for a stock 96-98 cobra.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

A bad stock tune with a not extremely adaptive control system will not help in making power and with too much added on it can actually decrease the power. I'm not sure how its set up, but I'm also willing to put money onto a custom tune. I don't know how the Mustang's deal with control (as far as maintaining air/fuel ratios) but what if the extra air flowing through with the intake and exhaust are causing detonation and thus possibly timing pull? Things like that can drag the power down significantly. I don't know who's AFR curves are whos up there so I can't say too much but chances are, a custom tune is worth its weight in gold.

-Andy