Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Just moved to the area: cops strict about front plates in window?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
flimflam.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond reputeAlpha.kx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just moved to the area: cops strict about front plates in window?

VA plates in the mail.. how lame are VA cops about having front plates in the window?

Thanks...
Old 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM
MIZAKRO

H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love
Default Re: Just moved to the area: cops strict about front plates in window?

Just put in on normal.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered member

widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94 widebodyteg94

depends relle i had mine in my window and i was fine til i went out to powhatan and 2 female officers of the law stoped me and tried to give me a ticket for speeding which i wasnt but they needed n excuse to write me up for my plate so they droped the speeding and gave me a ticket for my plate so it jus depends
Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

You're probably better off not having a plate up in the window at all as it just draws attention to the fact you don't have one on your front bumper and it's still illegal
Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Žegistered Member

CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

Originally Posted by H. Love
Just put in on normal.
this.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:35 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-716

§ 46.2-716. How license plates fastened to vehicle; altering appearance of license plates.

A. Every license plate shall be securely fastened to the motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer to which it is assigned:

1. So as to prevent the plate from swinging,

2. In a position to be clearly visible, and

3. In a condition to be clearly legible.

B. No colored glass, colored plastic, bracket, holder, mounting, frame, or any other type of covering shall be placed, mounted, or installed on, around, or over any license plate if such glass, plastic, bracket, holder, mounting, frame, or other type of covering in any way alters or obscures (i) the alpha-numeric information, (ii) the color of the license plate, (iii) the name or abbreviated name of the state wherein the vehicle is registered, or (iv) any character or characters, decal, stamp, or other device indicating the month or year in which the vehicle's registration expires. No insignia, emblems, or trailer hitches or couplings shall be mounted in such a way as to hide or obscure any portion of the license plate or render any portion of the license plate illegible.

C. The Superintendent may make such regulations as he may deem advisable to enforce the proper mounting and securing of the license plate on the vehicle.

(Code 1950, § 46-102; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-107; 1960, c. 119; 1986, c. 186; 1989, c. 727; 2000, c. 258; 2001, c. 19; 2006, c. 549.)
Old 02-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Registered member

evan matthews has disabled reputation

C. The Superintendent may make such regulations as he may deem advisable to enforce the proper mounting and securing of the license plate on the vehicle.

That one says it all.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 AM
Registered Member

hondahead has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by evan matthews

That one says it all.
That's the " I can write you a ticket if I want to" excuse. A friend of mine got a improper display of plate for only having ONE BOLT holding it one! That was in Colonial Heights.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:03 AM
piss'd n miss'd

mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45

Ziptie the bitch to your bumper or however you want to mount it...Just have it mounted properly...Or just remain a target with it off....
Old 02-26-2010, 05:14 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by H. Love
Just put in on normal.
This.

Originally Posted by widebodyteg94
depends relle i had mine in my window and i was fine til i went out to powhatan and 2 female officers of the law stoped me and tried to give me a ticket for speeding which i wasnt but they needed n excuse to write me up for my plate so they droped the speeding and gave me a ticket for my plate so it jus depends
I wouldn't take advice from a guy that spells "really" as "relle".

jus sayin'

Last edited by STi_FTMFW; 02-26-2010 at 05:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Just moved to the area: cops strict about front plates in window?