Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Jiffy lube strikes again

Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Jiffy lube strikes again

Do they ever know what the hell they are doing? They told a customer they have the Official Subaru maintenance guide and sold him a rear differential service at 20,000 miles. They tried to sell him a front diff service too, but claimed the dealer only has that special tool for it. WTF!! It is the same as the rear they just did) Christ these aren't supposed to be done until around 45k. I showed him the real Subaru maintenance guide off of their website and he had that "I have been ripped off" look.

Hell last week I had a lady that came in from them for burning oil smell on her vehicle with under 15k and sure enough Jiffy Lube. The wrong leaking oil filter, oil all over the engine, they broke the splash guard clips, and re-used the drain plug ring.

/end rant
Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'
Default Re: Jiffy lube strikes again

and that's why i take my subie to only you, phil.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Thanks man.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:15 AM
MoltenMetalFuzion

GoldenLeg13 has disabled reputation

And because of stuff like this, I have customers that set up camp by my tech's bays to make sure everything is gravey. I dont mind it because I know they do what they are supposed to, but the techs get annoyed they have someone eye balling them the whole time. I guess it makes them feel rushed, which is never a good thing when working on customer cars.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

Another reason why I do my own maintainence work.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Slow as Shit

We don't have customers watching the techs. Every now and then they might walk around the lot and peek in. Then again, my techs have been here for years and the customers know most of them.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by GoldenLeg13
And because of stuff like this, I have customers that set up camp by my tech's bays to make sure everything is gravey. I dont mind it because I know they do what they are supposed to, but the techs get annoyed they have someone eye balling them the whole time. I guess it makes them feel rushed, which is never a good thing when working on customer cars.
As much as I hated that when people woud do it, I understood why because I can guarantee I did everything right because I knew they were watching.

I used to have this old korean lady ask to see the old filter everytime, and would double check with me to make sure the correct weight/amount of oil went in. Same gig.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Not Yet

markj has disabled reputation

thats why it's always good to do your own shit then you have noone to blame but yourself!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Yeah they're idiots over there, I've visited quite a few of them in Richmond getting the F-150 I have for work oil changed. Idiots don't see the decimal point on the odometer and I go from 50,100 miles to 501,000 miles on my truck in 1 oil change on their paperwork. Then on the sticker they add only 300 miles instead of 3000 miles. Since then it goes to a ford dealer, much cheaper and better people.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GoldenLeg13

Man, I hate that shit. I feel like telling the customers to fuck off.

Quick Reply: Jiffy lube strikes again