Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Illegal Exhaust?

Old 09-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Shift_N/a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt64246 has disabled reputation
Default Illegal Exhaust?

OK, Me and my freind are going down Rt.1 towards O'Charleys. Well there is a stop light ahead and it just turned green. There happen 2 be a state trooper sitting at the light, and for some random reason my freind decides to drop in 3rd gear and goes by the trooper, i say he was going around 45mph. He gets behind us and pulls us over in the parking lot infront on Dicks Sporting goods. He tells my friend that his exhaust is illegal. He has an 00' Integra, nothing special but an intake and a full Apex'i N1 catback i had put on about 3 weeks ago. Well he continues to give him a ticket for an improper exhaust, while continuing to say that they were made for race use only and werent allowed for street use............. if thats so, why arent more people being pulled like 5.0s, T/a's, Z-28 running no cats, or off-road Xs/Hs. He dosent know whether to pay the 30 bucks or fight it in court? Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Old 09-11-2005, 01:03 PM
yay-ger.

Soshinoya has disabled reputation
Default Re: Illegal Exhaust?

It's illegal to mod your exhaust. Pay the fine.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

/\ agreed
Old 09-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Matt64246
OK, Me and my freind are going down Rt.1 towards O'Charleys. Well there is a stop light ahead and it just turned green. There happen 2 be a state trooper sitting at the light, and for some random reason my freind decides to drop in 3rd gear and goes by the trooper, i say he was going around 45mph. He gets behind us and pulls us over in the parking lot infront on Dicks Sporting goods. He tells my friend that his exhaust is illegal. He has an 00' Integra, nothing special but an intake and a full Apex'i N1 catback i had put on about 3 weeks ago. Well he continues to give him a ticket for an improper exhaust, while continuing to say that they were made for race use only and werent allowed for street use............. if thats so, why arent more people being pulled like 5.0s, T/a's, Z-28 running no cats, or off-road Xs/Hs. He dosent know whether to pay the 30 bucks or fight it in court? Has anyone else ran into this problem?
I have the perfect reason.

You ready?

You friend is a moron and thats the sole reason. Only a moron would fuck around next to a cop and then wonder why he got a ticket for a loud exhaust. I guess he forgot that it would be loud huh?

My shits illegal too and lived behind the Police Station and not once got pulled for it. Gee maybe because i didnt act like a tard around cops.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:11 PM
EMF Member #12

brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, thats basically it. That wasn't the brightest thing in the world. Act like a jackass, prepare to pay the consequences. This I have learned, the hard way.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

He dropped the car in third gear at the light? I'm suprised he even kept up with traffic.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

haha...when I had exhaust on my car I passed a cop going the opposite direction down 360 and he went out of his way to turn around and give me an improper exhaust ticket. and no I was not acting like a tard in front of him either. I had the car in 5th gear cruising at 45 mph going Mechanicsville Turnpike. Cops will give you an exhaust ticket whether you act like a tard or not...
Old 09-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

6 years in VA and not once ticket and I have been pulled for racing 3 times varying from Longtube headers and o/r h pipe on my 99 Cobra in Georgetown, DC, to Nikki's 2000 Z/28 w/ a cutout (pulled w/ Richard and we both got let off), To my current set up and pulled in Williamsburg doing 95 in a 25, and pulled on 288 with Mo(speeding) for my 29th birthday on our way to Baileys.

Also got pulled with 3 buddies on I95 in may 2001 coming back from Richmond RIR at 3 am going back to Dale City and we were doing roughly 150-160 on our streetbikes with a Full Muzzy's exhaust.

No Tickets for exahust.

Last edited by Woodrow; 09-11-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:49 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

all cops suck and should die. period.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

not all of them..

Quick Reply: Illegal Exhaust?