Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

i got a used exhaust but im pissed...

Old 12-14-2005, 01:37 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default i got a used exhaust but im pissed...

i bought a used exhaust from a well known tuner named jay hassinger of hass pro turbo. he makes the most trusted turbo kit for the mr2 spyder so i figured he would be good to deal with. he said that the exhaust had 3in rolled tips that look great and that it was in good shape. well it has some pos advance auto bolt-on, rusted ricer tips that are not even on he exhaust. he made it seem like it had some custom tips welded on there by him(he is a fabricater/welder)
anyways i need to cut my loses and get some nice tips welded on here. can i weld stainless to alumanized steel? where can i buy a really nice rolled tip?
here is pic of the crap he sent me.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by JJSpinALot; 12-14-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:59 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default Re: i got a used exhaust but im pissed...

when i first tried to submit this thread it made the thread but none off the content was in it?? and i only hit submit once. can a mod please erase the other 2 defective threads.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
i bought a used exhaust from a well known tuner named jay hass of hass pro turbo. he makes the most trusted turbo kit for the mr2 spyder so i figured he would be good to deal with. he said that the exhaust had 3in rolled tips that look great and that it was in good shape. well it has some pos advance auto bolt-on, rusted ricer tips that are not even on he exhaust. he made it seem like it had some custom tips welded on there by him(he is a fabricater/welder)
anyways i need to cut my loses and get some nice tips welded on here. can i weld stainless to alumanized steel? where can i buy a really nice rolled tip?
here is pic of the crap he sent me.
[IMG][/IMG]
not cool man
Anyways yes you can weld stainless to auliminzed steel. Its not really aluminized it just has a coating that contains auliminum to prevent the mild steel from rusting.
Also what is stainless? I dont think the tips are? But yes you can do it you just need to use a diffirent gas and stainless wire
Old 12-14-2005, 02:15 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

none of it is stainless. im going to buy some nice stainless tips and cut off the original tips and weld the new stainless tips on. that is what i thought i was getting but he sent me the normal exhaust with the ricer crap tips from pep-boys or something.
i found a magniflow tip i like. its 3" round rolled tip. what do you think about two of these sticking out from under the back of the spyder.

Last edited by JJSpinALot; 12-14-2005 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

That thing is going to be so loud from what everybody says.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

damn those tips look like shit.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

Old 12-14-2005, 05:05 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Old 12-14-2005, 05:11 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Wow that blows. TM is very simple too; looks like any place could just make you that with a Magnaflow Muffler. His last name isn't Hass, either. :P

It looks like (in the pic) that the inside wall of the tip tapers (like a funnel.) It it does, I think it'd look bad. I'd stick with a tip that looks like stock, only larger.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:17 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

bluested: the one one the passenger side looks weird but thats about what i want. im going to try to get some tips on it this weekend and install it when it isnt so damn cold outside.