Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I got T-boned by a drunk coming home from Pinks filming!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fear This Fear This
Default I got T-boned by a drunk coming home from Pinks filming!

Sam and I went down to the Pinks filming yesterday in Dinwitti to see Nate loose another nice car (Buick) to a local guy with an S10 with Ford 351.

Coming home I got T-boned in my 88 GT weekend/showcar. This drunk turned into me and I narrowly avoided a head-on by swirving hard. He was about THREE TIMES THE LEGAL LIMMIT! The dumb ass took of and left the scene not knowing that his bumper and plate were laying on the road.

My drivers door is trashed and the sill looks pushed in to the Sub frame connectors. The hatch wont line up to shut any more so I guess the body is pretty tweaked too. (stay tuned for pictures) Sam's neck is messed up too

I have put about 8k or 9k into this car in the last 2 years with a new motor, 5 lug/big brake conversion, wheels, stereo, ect and of course I have no receipts I have won 2 first place trophies with the car in big Mustang shows and its a solid 12 sec car before I spray it too. I DO have Grundy collectors car insurance with an agreeded value of 8K or something like that. I wonder if that will work in my favor with his insurance company?

Here is where I need help. What kind crap am I in for with the insurance? What are the tricks and traps? Are they going try to screw me by totaling it for $900 or something? If so, what is my recourse and my rights?

Here are some the before pics:.

Here are the wrecked pics:

The driver got caught. He was a middle aged, middle class white man with his wife in a Sebring convertable. The both went away in handcuffs to jail He addmitted fault and got Felony hit and run, DWI/DUI and attempting to alude the police. She got failure to report an accident and drunk in public. I got dozens of witnesses as it happed on the campus of VCU on a Sat night. Screwum!

BTW I just called the detective and they a still in jail! He said that they had alcohal IN the car and were still drinking when they stopped them!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Sup, ladies?

Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar
Default Re: I got T-boned by a drunk coming home from Pinks filming!

That sucks man, but at least you're ok and they got caught.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Better Then That!

Jennie is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear. good luck.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

damn, that hatch was too clean. its a shame some dumbass thats drinking and driving has to knock a fox body as clean as this out of commission. i hope he gets everything hes got coming his way. anyways good luck with it all and glad the wreck wasn't worse.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:34 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'm sorry about your car, but I'm glad you're okay..

I was hit by a hit and run drunk driver not very long ago too and had all of the other drivers information, plate, type of beer he had in his hand, etc.. but the police didn't pursue it.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I am sorry to hear that Ian. I know we havent gotten along, but glad to see you two were ok. I hope the husband and wife fry in jail and will never operate a motor vehicle again!!
Old 09-17-2006, 02:02 PM
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all

Ian you don't really need reciepts if you have good pictures, which you do. The amin thing is to negotiate for the car as salvage after they total it. (If they do but seeing the quarter and door areas confirm it for me) If you have stated value insurance that should be it, you get stated value minus any deductible and or the agreed salvage value of the car (from $500-1000) typically. I've been through this twice unfortunately, once with a car stolen and another time with an accident like yours. It's a hassle but fight for what's right. Once the dust settles, find a good body and we can all come over to your place and have a "swap" party....I would suggest a 85-93 coupe personally, but I'm biased.....call me if you need any more advice on the insurance subject. Glad you're okay too and nice driving to avoid the head on from what Sammy said.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:23 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Bummers. Got your IM this morning. It looked and sounded great last night. Good thing you two are okay.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Fear This Fear This

Huh, I took it to both Fletchers and Bruces and they said that they will not touch a car older than 1990 (even though is the exact same body, paint, etc). One guy said it will be at least 5000 to repair and that only with a partial paint job. Fuck I am getting pissed (and my head still aches too)
Old 09-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I'm sorry about your car, but I'm glad you're okay..

I was hit by a hit and run drunk driver not very long ago too and had all of the other drivers information, plate, type of beer he had in his hand, etc.. but the police didn't pursue it.
Sue the damn police department.

Quick Reply: I got T-boned by a drunk coming home from Pinks filming!