Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Headliner Insulation

Old 03-17-2009, 03:52 PM
learn me sum maff!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative
Default Headliner Insulation

I'm just about ready to put back my headliner in however I noticed the old headliner in it was pretty much no in existence. Any good places to get some headliner insulation local around Richmond? Thanks.

P4C

Old 03-17-2009, 04:38 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Headliner Insulation

Headliner insulation? Are you talking about the foam batting? Any fabric store has that stuff cheap.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:22 PM
learn me sum maff!

anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative anti-derivative

Yes the foam batting. But I was looking more a long the lines where one side is sticky. I heard a few people get them from Home Depot or at Lowes any experience with that on here anyone?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:26 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

There is a tacky spray adhesive specifically made for foam batting. Use that. Get it at any craft store. That's what they use on those tv shows like Unique Whips and Pimp My Ride. Clearco 444 is the one you want, generic ones will work. Just make sure it is made to work with foam as some will have propellants that eat the foam instead.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered member

Acrytet70 has disabled reputation

i use 3m super 99.. that stuff tacks real well.. get the material at hancock fabrics, its cheap and they have colors.. pimp it out and get micro fiber... lol
Old 04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Mista JJ has disabled reputation

hancock fabrics got good stuff. you can get headliner adhesive spray at any auto parts store.