Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

flow testing injectors?

Old 06-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Damn street racers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trbowrx has disabled reputation
Default flow testing injectors?

ok so i am reciving a set of modded wrx injectors tomm and they are modded to flow 750cc's for my new turbo set up i am going to run and i just want to make sure that they are flowing what they should be. so i was wondering if there is anywhere around the area that will flow test injectors, or where i could send them off to get tested? any help would be awesome... and who wants to help me with a injector and turbo install??? any takers...
Old 06-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation
Default Re: flow testing injectors?

still running stock block? what turbo?
Old 06-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

ill help just let me know
Old 06-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know about localy but you can send them to RC and they can do it for you. i know there is a local place for diesels, i have used them but i highly doubt they do gas ones.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:21 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

you do know that the "modification" is nothing more then grinding off the metering holes?

the spray isnt as good. it works, but its not as atomized as it should be, and can cause puddling issues.

what kind of management you running? cause if you are running a UTEC you will have a fun time trying to get them to work right (your MAF offset will be so high, it will place it in a new timing area, and it will freak the fuck out.)

what turbo you running it with?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Damn street racers

well i talked to the guys at turboxs the ones that tuned my car last and they said that they have no problem tuning them and they work great.... so i am just going with what they told me to do.. i am going to be running the fp 18g or 20g and yes i am still on the stock block.. and i knew about rc doing flow testing but i was hoping there was someone local that could do it.. o well....
Old 06-16-2005, 09:46 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

turboXS has gone way down hill since Nathan left. but, good luck with it.

what year? and you doing this through a stock trans?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Damn street racers

whne did nathan leave? he was there when i went up for my tune last time? and no i am going to be running it through the sti ra gears cryo treated
Old 06-16-2005, 12:33 PM
The Pro to call.

last i heard, him and Phil were splitting ways

i havent been up there or talked to any of them in over a year though.

even still, with the RA's, you will have issues with that tranny more then likely. i never broke my RA's, but i didnt drive it much after that or with the power i was making.

and watch LC, you will spit a shim out using it or if you get a misfire under boost. i HIGHLY recommend later model lash adjusters if you can do it.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by fc735
what kind of management you running? cause if you are running a UTEC you will have a fun time trying to get them to work right (your MAF offset will be so high, it will place it in a new timing area, and it will freak the fuck out.)
Actually, the latest UTEC software (with open loop fueling and injector scaling) is supposed to fix that. I haven't tried it personally, but all the reports I've heard say that it works fine. That was the version that came out just after you sold your car...