Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Fishing in the 804

Old 08-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Fishing in the 804

Well I confirmed what possibly broke josh's line as i caught a nice sized catfish at deep run park today. I got this one to land. I would say a good 12lb catfish.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:29 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

ha, how do you know it was the same one? did you ask?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I was going off a good assumption ben...lol
Old 08-30-2010, 08:20 PM
95cobra/95gsx/99cbr

cobra29svt is on a distinguished road

I've wanted to go fishing all summer. Need to renew my liscense.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Slow as Shit

Little man and I are going back to deep run park this weekend. He wants to catch a bigger catfish and land him he says. They have a ton of baby LMB and some decent 15-18" ones coming up to about 3 feet of the shoreline.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

fyi, active duty military dont need a fishing license just a copy or your orders or DA31/orders
Old 08-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Slow as Shit

Originally Posted by Young L
fyi, active duty military dont need a fishing license just a copy or your orders or DA31/orders
I don't think that is the case for Virginia. Here is there requirements
All persons, except those listed below, must purchase the proper licenses before fishing.

Resident or non-resident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner's parents, resident or non-nonresident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish within the boundaries of their own lands and inland waters.
Residents under 16 years of age (also do not need a trout license).
Tenants, on the land they rent and occupy, are not required to have a license, but must have the written permission of the landowner.
Guests fishing in individually owned private ponds.
Non-resident children under 12 (except in designated stocked trout waters) when accompanied by a properly licensed adult.
Legally blind persons.
Any Indian who "habitually" resides on an Indian reservation or a member of the Virginia recognized tribes who resides in the Commonwealth is not required to have a license; however, such Indian must have on his person an identification card or paper signed by the chief of his tribe, a valid tribal identification card, written confirmation through a central tribal registry, or certification from a tribal office.
Persons 65 years of age or older do not need a saltwater license.
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing...s/licenses.asp
Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

this is the part i read. tho after reading it a few times i think ive misinterperated it. also got the info from my mom whos friend in fish and game told her sooo idk.

Residency Qualifications:

members of the armed forces if they reside in the Commonwealth and are on active duty and are stationed at military installations within, or on ships based in the Commonwealth;
Old 08-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Slow as Shit

I think that regards those who qualify as a Virginia resident being the licenses vary in price from a resident verse non resident.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 PM
95cobra/95gsx/99cbr

cobra29svt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Little man and I are going back to deep run park this weekend. He wants to catch a bigger catfish and land him he says. They have a ton of baby LMB and some decent 15-18" ones coming up to about 3 feet of the shoreline.
Where's deep run park? I'm looking for a decent pot to take my son. He's only been fishing once.

Quick Reply: Fishing in the 804