Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

FATS is now on Saturdays!!!

Old 10-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default FATS is now on Saturdays!!!

Fridays At The Shop has been officially moved to Saturdays

Last Friday my boss Mark and I (when I had time) walked around asking everyone that came out if they would mind if we starting having FATS on Saturday nights instead. Most said they wouldnt mind and most said it would be better. So, to help me from passing out Saturday at work, we are moving it to Saturdays from now on. Spread the word! Please do not show up on Fridays...you'll only find a locked door and a empty parking lot.

Now on to the new "rules". It's nothing bad, but we had a little problem last Friday that never crossed my mind until Saturday morning when our landlord came to talk to us. Supposidly he was getting phone calls all night because all the cars we were dyno'ing (mostly the turbo Mustang) was setting off silent building alarms all over the place. So I had a little explaining to do. Luckily enough, even though he was really pissed off and wanted to shut FATS down for good, Mark and I ended up negotiating and keeping it alive. The only downfall is that we have to stop dyno'ing by around 11pm. The first two FATS weren't too dyno-filled, but as i was expecting, FATS has somewhat caught on and we were doing dyno's all night last Friday. The only thing I can suggest is that we open back up at 7pm...if you are interested in dyno'ing on that night, get here early cause after 11pm or so we can't be making too much noise. If our landlord gets another 2:30am wake up call...we are toast.

The good news is that the lot will still be open until 2:00 or 3:00 or whenever to anyone just like before. I will not kick ANYONE out just because we gotta stop dynoing...feel free to still come and hang out, thats what this is all about!

So, to recap. FATS is now SATS. SATS doesnt sound as cool as FATS does though...so I will open up the boards to everyone to give this little event a better name. Anyone that comes up with a catchy name that I choose will get a $5 discount on dyno'ing. I already thought up SHITS, or Saturdays Here In The Shop, but I dont think it would work. Come up with something, submit it to me and you may get a discount.

I will also take this thread to annouce that our first SATS is on October 9th I'll be at the Central Va Mustang Club car show all day, but will be back to the shop at 7pm to have the shop open.

Other then all this, I'd like to thank everyone for coming out. This has become a really cool thing to do and I'm happy everyone has a good time. I've met a lot of new people from all sorts of car genre's that I would of normally never had the chance to meet. We get calls all the times from people wondering when the next FATS is and its cool to see something growing to the point where random people walk in the shop and ask "are you the guy that does that friday night thing?" I'm glad I can do this for you all. I'd also like to thank everyone for being on their best behavior. We havent had a single true accident among all 3 nights. No one acting up or breaking rules or anything...and I thank you. That helps us be able to do this for a long long time w/o problems from law enforcement or our landlord.

See y'all Saturday, October 9th!
Old 10-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation
Default Re: FATS is now on Saturdays!!!

If the business is zoned Industrial (Which I am assuming it is) I don't understand why the police would have a problem with you making noise at anytime of the night. It's not your fault people have over sensitive alarms. But I guess if the landlord says so what can u do
Old 10-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by Chris4130
But I guess if the landlord says so what can u do
Bingo. A Goochland County sargent was at our shop from 2am-2:30 and actually watched the loudest car dyno and he didn't have a single problem with it. But being that our landlord was woken up about 3 times that night...we get a different story.

Gotta play by the bossmans rules. I'm just happy we can still do it.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:41 PM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

haha-CATS! Chillin' at the shop. yeah, i know sounds too much like the broadway musical or RATS-Revvin at the shop. at thi rate i'm comin up with the next black plague-i'll shut up now.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

hahah. Thanks for the options, its better then nothing. A few have submitted random janke to me, but nothing has really jumped out and been worth keeping. Keep em coming.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Metallic Pigeon

EFI 4-EYE is on a distinguished road

BATS- burnouts at the shop (just kidding, tee hee)
Old 10-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

EATS - Enthusiasts at the Shop
Old 10-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i'll be at the AMA superbike races at VIR the 9th, but as long as you guys are there the following weekend i'll be up... yea that cop was really cool, too bad we couldn't get him to put his car on the dyno, probably didn't want to give away all that extra high pursuit horsepower
Old 10-04-2004, 12:18 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

does the title have criteria, like have to have "saturday" in it and "shop"?
Old 10-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Not really. Just something I can post up and its something everyone remembers.

Quick Reply: FATS is now on Saturdays!!!