Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport - Sept. 24th

Old 09-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport - Sept. 24th

Lets try this again boys and girls. Hopefully mother nature will play along this time.

Most of you already know the deal, but here it is again:

Fridays At The Shop - aka, F.A.T.S. is coming to Performance Autosport.

Starts @ 7:00pm, goes until 1 or 2am...whenever.

This coming Friday, September 24th.

What is F.A.T.S.?

- Overall, the whole idea of FATS is that I'm going to keep my shop open on select Friday nights so everyone can cruise in and hang out. I'm tired of being kicked out of places to hang and being hassled by police because of a few bad apples ruining the fun for all. It's going to be a way local car enthusiasts from around the area can get together with other car enthusiasts without being hassled by police or other unwanted guests. There are a few rules however, but nothing to be worried about. If you are a true car enthusiasts looking for a nice place to hang out and chat, you wont mind.

Whats allowed?

- The dyno here at Performance Autosport will be open to anyone. Being that we are in the middle of no-where, we can dyno all night if we want. For FATS nights, the normal rates apply. That would be $75 for 3 pulls w/ air/fuel readings and some print outs. If you care to tune your car I will give you a price accordingly that night. It will be a first come/first serve basis on FATS nights.

- Come and hang out. You dont need to spend any money with us to be able to park and talk. We encourage ANYONE (any make or model) to come out, park, show your car off, talk with friends, meet people, etc. Our parking lot can easily hold 100 cars or so, feel free to fill it up. I'd like this to become something people look forward to.

Whats not allowed?

- No burnouts (OF ANY KIND), doughnuts, wreckless driving on our property. Our landlord is a very cool guy and is also a car guy. He is letting me try this out because he liked the idea. His only stipulation is that he doesnt want to come back Monday morning and have his parking lot look like a burnout box. If you leave rubber, you leave and don't come back.

- No alcohol. This is kind of an obvious one, but I still needed to put it out there. Please, if you choose to come out do not bring alcohol with you or you'll be asked to leave. Thats just common courtesy.

So, to wrap this up...If you are into blasting your stereo and testing your rev limiter in a parking lot everytime someone drives by....this is not for you. If you like showing off your car, talking about cars, dyno'ing, tuning your car, meeting other car people...FATS is for you.

For those that want to come out this Friday, here are some directions:

If coming from Richmond or from the southside by Rt. 288, via 64:
- Take 64 West towards Charlottesville. (Those taking Rt. 288, take it until it dead ends at 64 West.)
- Get off Exit 173 Rockville/Manakin.
- At the top of the hill take a left at the stoplight.
- Follow that road (Ashland Rd.) down until you see a Valero gas station on your right. Take that right onto Plaza Drive.
- After you are on Plaza drive, Performance Autosport is the 2nd building on the left...in the back.

If coming from Charlottesville via 64:
- Take 64 East towards Richmond.
- Get off Exit 173 Rockville/Manakin.
- At the top of the hill take a right at the stopsign.
- Follow that road (Ashland Rd.) down until you see a Valero gas station on your right. Take that right onto Plaza Drive.
- After you are on Plaza drive, Performance Autosport is the 2nd building on the left...in the back.

To keep the level of stupidty down, I will now start letting everyone know who ended up being an ass at the past FATS. In hopes that the bashing will keep the idiotic level down by policing by your own friends. It's easy really. Everyone has to make sure no one ruins it...makes my job easier.

Last edited by FlimFlam; 09-21-2004 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R
Default Re: F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport - Sept. 24th

I'll be there sometime after 9. but don't make fun of my dyno numbers if I do decide to do so.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

You are up on me by about 90hp...i have no room to laugh.

Well...Nissan vs. Nissan anyways.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

haha. oh well maybe I can bring some other nissans out of the wood work.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:36 AM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll try to show up in the Volvo. Sometime or another once I get it tuned a little bit more I'm going to need to get on the dyno. How much for runs without A/F - I'm installing a WBo2. Time to get it tuned and lay down a 13.xx pass. Shes looking a little ugly right now though, still in the middle of cleaning everything up....
I see yall are right by 288 which should make access even easier now.

-Andy

Last edited by mAydAy; 09-22-2004 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24

when I get my intake manifold polished I chalange you to a dyno dual. Did you ever send the VR4ever guy a pic of the manifold? I need to get this thing going. my local guy fell thru

Originally Posted by UNCDooD
haha. oh well maybe I can bring some other nissans out of the wood work.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mAydAy
How much for runs without A/F - I'm installing a WBo2.
$65/3 runs.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:16 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

im gonna try to come up with my bike. i guess we will see how it goes

whats this i hear about you wanting to sell the rx7? that sucks man. ever get it dyno'd?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cardana24
when I get my intake manifold polished I chalange you to a dyno dual. Did you ever send the VR4ever guy a pic of the manifold? I need to get this thing going. my local guy fell thru

yea, he got the picture just PM him asking if he remembers what prices he quoted me.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

its bike night at dinwiddie that night and i think i'll be running, but as long as its still going on around 11ish i'll be up there

Quick Reply: F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport - Sept. 24th