Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport - Sept. 17th

Old 09-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport - Sept. 17th

Same deal, different date...

Fridays At The Shop - aka, F.A.T.S. is coming to Performance Autosport.

Starts @ 7:00pm, goes until 1 or 2am...whenever.

This coming Friday, September 17th.

What is F.A.T.S.?

- Overall, the whole idea of FATS is that I'm going to keep my shop open on select Friday nights so everyone can cruise in and hang out. I'm tired of being kicked out of places to hang and being hassled by police because of a few bad apples ruining the fun for all. It's going to be a way local car enthusiasts from around the area can get together with other car enthusiasts without being hassled by police or other unwanted guests. There are a few rules however, but nothing to be worried about. If you are a true car enthusiasts looking for a nice place to hang out and chat, you wont mind.

Whats allowed?

- The dyno here at Performance Autosport will be open to anyone. Being that we are in the middle of no-where, we can dyno all night if we want. For the first FATS, the normal rates apply. That would be $75 for 3 pulls w/ air/fuel readings and some print outs. If you care to tune your car I will give you a price accordingly that night. It will be a first come/first serve basis on FATS nights.

- Come and hang out. You dont need to spend any money with us to be able to park and talk. We encourage ANYONE (any make or model) to come out, park, show your car off, talk with friends, meet people, etc. Our parking lot can easily hold 100 cars or so, feel free to fill it up. I'd like this to become something people look forward to.

Whats not allowed?

- No burnouts, doughnuts, wreckless driving on our property. Our landlord is a very cool guy and is also a car guy. He is letting me try this out because he liked the idea. His only stipulation is that he doesnt want to come back Monday morning and have his parking lot look like a burnout box. If you leave rubber, you leave and don't come back.

- No alcohol. This is kind of an obvious one, but I still needed to put it out there. Please, if you choose to come out do not bring alcohol with you or you'll be asked to leave. Thats just common courtesy.

So, to wrap this up...If you are into blasting your stereo and testing your rev limiter in a parking lot everytime someone drives by....this is not for you. If you like showing off your car, talking about cars, dyno'ing, tuning your car, meeting other car people...FATS is for you.

For those that want to come out this Friday, here are some directions:

If coming from Richmond or from the southside by Rt. 288, via 64:
- Take 64 West towards Charlottesville. (Those taking Rt. 288, take it until it dead ends at 64 West.)
- Get off Exit 173 Rockville/Manakin.
- At the top of the hill take a left at the stoplight.
- Follow that road (Ashland Rd.) down until you see a Valero gas station on your right. Take that right onto Plaza Drive.
- After you are on Plaza drive, Performance Autosport is the 2nd building on the left...in the back.

If coming from Charlottesville via 64:
- Take 64 East towards Richmond.
- Get off Exit 173 Rockville/Manakin.
- At the top of the hill take a right at the stopsign.
- Follow that road (Ashland Rd.) down until you see a Valero gas station on your right. Take that right onto Plaza Drive.
- After you are on Plaza drive, Performance Autosport is the 2nd building on the left...in the back.

To keep the level of stupidty down, I will now start letting everyone know who ended up being an ass at the past FATS. In hopes that the bashing will keep the idiotic level down by policing by your own friends. It's easy really. Everyone has to make sure no one ruins it...makes my job easier.

Last week's winner is DLB1994. He owns a turbo'd blue 4dr Accord and a Yamaha R6/R1. He couldn't resist laying down some rubber....twice before leaving.

If you happen to want to come back, be prepared to apologize or don't bother coming. I have slack rules, dont abuse them or you will ruin it for everone and be forever labeled "that guy". Dont be "that guy" DLB1994.

I am still undecided to do this every week or every other week. Still trying it on for size.

See you Friday night.

Last edited by FlimFlam; 09-10-2004 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:41 PM
all show ~ no go

TrueBlueGTStang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport - Sept. 17th

i'm off and i'm coming this time
Old 09-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

no u wont john lol.

hey man u get the front back on yet??
Old 09-10-2004, 09:31 PM
all show ~ no go

TrueBlueGTStang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LOCO
no u wont john lol.

hey man u get the front back on yet??
nope getting the repaint done soon and next month i might be able to get the new hood
Old 09-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Banned

*cough* rousche sides. screw the hood, I think the stock GT hood looks really good with that front
Old 09-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

jays94vaccord has disabled reputation

Im just wondering what kind of turn out you had the last time, i work on staples mill road, and have to close this friday ( damn ukrops) but i woudlnt mind coming up and meeting a couple of you guys.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Banned

ill be in hawaii, wooohooo, plus my car dont work anyway go figure
Old 09-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

RICE ETR is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see you are laying it down Kevin. I am one who has been run out of many places for just hanging out.... seems even that is illegal now. So I appreciate your time as well as Mark and others involved to make this happen. We can finally have a place to hang out without fear of being run out by the cops... AND dyno our cars
I really hope this doesn't get ruined by a few choice idiots. This could be a very cool thing.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by jays94vaccord
Im just wondering what kind of turn out you had the last time, i work on staples mill road, and have to close this friday ( damn ukrops) but i woudlnt mind coming up and meeting a couple of you guys.
We probably had a mix of 50 or so cars throughout the night last time. Ranged from Mustangs to Hondas to Toyotas to VW's and some bikes. Everything is welcome as long as you can play by the rules.

If you cant play the rules everyone will hate you, I will see to it. Come on out!

Thanks Jarrod.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

I'll be at the track Fri. night, I'll come by and check it out.

Quick Reply: F.A.T.S. @ Performance Autosport - Sept. 17th