Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

dun, dun, dun!

Old 03-25-2005, 03:02 PM
yea, i'm that guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatboyee has disabled reputation
Default dun, dun, dun!

well lads n gents, it's official

the 4pak will be no-longer.

made a call to esslinger today to go ahead and purchase the cyl head i've been trying to get for the last forever... and uh, yea - there was a communication error.

$1700 gets me: an aluminum cyl head, valves, retainers, and springs

$2500 gets me: the forementioned, all "neccessary machining", and my own cam selection. - and this head is supposed to 1) shave almost 40lbs from the front of the vehicle and 2) out-flow a ported stock cyl head, but not by INCREDIBLE means.

so, IF i can get things taken care of (lord willin') i'll be cruisin around in another combination thanks to Jimmy @ ELD before april 7.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:08 PM
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all
Default Re: dun, dun, dun!

not a problem man, glad to helpout !!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

I assume this is the 2.3 in your profile? I dig those engines nothin better then a 4 cyl in a mustang walking the dog on a v8 in its own game.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

$1700!!!!!!!!! I sold mine a few years back for $900 and bought it for $600!!! My god I'm glad I'm out the 2.3t game, shit's gotten crazy expensive.

Good luck with it, keep me updated with your hp and track times. Very curious.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Metallic Pigeon

EFI 4-EYE is on a distinguished road

Kevin, the head Mo is talking about is aluminum and works with the factory intake and exhaust manifolds, and doesn't require distributorless ignition. The old Esslinger heads were either a.)iron or b.) required DFI/DIS, and a custom intake. So... the head Mo is looking at is really the shit, it's only been out a few years
Old 03-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

My head was aluminum, worked with a stock intake, and a tubular manifold. It never made it's way on the car. Sold it to a friend in Oklahoma.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:48 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

i don't get what makes it "no-longer"?
Old 03-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Metallic Pigeon

EFI 4-EYE is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
My head was aluminum, worked with a stock intake, and a tubular manifold. It never made it's way on the car. Sold it to a friend in Oklahoma.
Hmmm.. guess you had the "NASH" head then, I thought it came out after you did your Merkur thing. I just know for a long time there was only the high $$ route through Esslinger until '02 or so when the retrofit aluminum head came out. n/m then
Old 03-26-2005, 04:39 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

It'll still be slow