Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

DSM work? :(

Old 04-06-2005, 10:30 AM
semicolonD.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eclpsed eclpsed
Default DSM work? :(

Okie, i need a new timing belt installed. Mitsu dealer is a no. sooo anyone know a good shop around here who can do it? w/o costin like 700 buck for a 30 doller belt to be installed? lol.

Car is a 1998 Eclipse GSX
Old 04-06-2005, 10:59 AM
No Turbo & No Talon

Turbo Talon has disabled reputation
Default Re: DSM work? :(

pm hybrid awd,

he did my timing belt and plety of other dsms on these borads
Old 04-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

Sears sells basic mechanics tool sets starting around 100 bucks.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by AL-David
Sears sells basic mechanics tool sets starting around 100 bucks.
A note about Sears Craftsman tools: apply online for their Craftsman Club and get a card good for 10% off Craftsman brand tools in the store. They will also send coupons and a calendar with coupons.

I have plenty of tools and travel daily among West End, Southside and points inbetween if you need to borrow something. My youngest brother is lead mechanic at a Maryland dealership and has nearly six-figures invested in his tools (Snap-on rep buys tools *from* him to resell!).
Old 04-06-2005, 11:38 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I may be in town this weekend if you want to stop by and do it at my place.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

ill do it, just gotta think about the drive...
Old 04-06-2005, 12:21 PM
No Turbo & No Talon

Turbo Talon has disabled reputation

see if u heurry up and get teh talon runnnign u can save on gas
Old 04-06-2005, 01:50 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

it's not that hard.. if it was a 1G, i'd be able to do it... 2G i'm not 100% on yet though. especially if you want AC.. i never could get that AC pulley back on, had to get someone else with better coordination to do it. overall it's not that hard, just takes some confidence and carefulness. $700 is a rippoff... there are several mechanics around my way that i trust that can do it for under $400
Old 04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

I can do it for $400 and that will cover my travel cost and the job.... are you buying the partS?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Not Stock
My youngest brother is lead mechanic at a Maryland dealership and has nearly six-figures invested in his tools (Snap-on rep buys tools *from* him to resell!).
Hey genius all of the reps do that for everyone. Many of them trade in their tools for newer items. Then the reps sell the tools. Thats how I got some of my stuff. Thats normal practice.

Quick Reply: DSM work? :(