Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Diesel powertrain warranty -- which dealership?

Old 04-10-2007, 05:48 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Question Diesel powertrain warranty -- which dealership?

(Also posted on Virginia Mustang Enthusiasts web site)

Just drove a 2005 F350 Lariat 4x4 supercab with short bed back from Atlanta GA last night, has 97500 miles on it now so the 5yr/100k mile powertrain warranty is still good. There are a few TSBs that could be done on it and I'd like to get the drivetrain and turbo checked out while still under warranty.

Which dealership do you trust with diesel engines in this area? Needs to be a Ford location for the warranty.

No worries about a chip, this truck is bone stock with highway miles. Rides like a cinderblock, though.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:49 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Diesel powertrain warranty -- which dealership?

make certain they do the latest flash, its called the inductive heating strategy. the truck will run like a dirty whore after it.

it will be a $100 deductible for any repairs done, he will probably have to pay at least that.

there are several TSB's, but unless there is a complaint, they are not done under the power train warranty (especially since what is going on with International happened!)

as for which dealer, in your area i am not sure, but i would scout which dealer has the most ton trucks sitting for repairs or to be finished, and go there. a dealer with only a couple of powerstrokes on the repair lot is not one i would go to.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Rich, you do realize that there is an F350 sitting up here across the street from me at richmond ford. king cab. White. Im going to look at f250's king cab diesel's this week hopefully. Bye Bye Accord.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:37 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by 5th Gen
Rich, you do realize that there is an F350 sitting up here across the street from me at richmond ford. king cab. White. Im going to look at f250's king cab diesel's this week hopefully. Bye Bye Accord.
That one was waaaay overpriced. Plus, it'd be a bitch to park. Supercab with shortbed FTW.

Not finding anyone in this area who has lots of diesels or even sells many of them at all. Hard to find good diesel mechanics -- and they are very different I've found than "regular" mechanics. A mechanic I've trusted for a long time is willing to do the flash update for me without the $100 as a side job, but not sure what else could be done. Truck has nearly 100k miles and it's the original transmission. Joey, anyone out near your way that's good with these Torqueshift transmissions?

It's affected by TSB 06-6-5 for the water in fuel lamp on intermittently under hard acceleration. That reprogram fix will also fix 04-20-10, the PTO line pressure. Not showing any symptoms at all, but if it fixes it, that's good.

Only think I can think of from researching this model is for them to check the injection control pressure to ensure it's not low.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:14 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Not Stock
That one was waaaay overpriced. Plus, it'd be a bitch to park. Supercab with shortbed FTW.

Not finding anyone in this area who has lots of diesels or even sells many of them at all. Hard to find good diesel mechanics -- and they are very different I've found than "regular" mechanics. A mechanic I've trusted for a long time is willing to do the flash update for me without the $100 as a side job, but not sure what else could be done. Truck has nearly 100k miles and it's the original transmission. Joey, anyone out near your way that's good with these Torqueshift transmissions?

It's affected by TSB 06-6-5 for the water in fuel lamp on intermittently under hard acceleration. That reprogram fix will also fix 04-20-10, the PTO line pressure. Not showing any symptoms at all, but if it fixes it, that's good.

Only think I can think of from researching this model is for them to check the injection control pressure to ensure it's not low.

waves hand.

i have an IDS, and all calibrations for all years up to IDS release v 48.6

which, in laymens terms, means we generally do more powerstroke work than the local dealers.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 PM
superuser

Originally Posted by fc735
waves hand.
You can do warranty work? That would be great!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:01 PM
The Pro to call.

no, i dont do warranty work, but i do work on powersmokes ALOT. let me throw out some feelers on IATN and see if there is a good shop up near your way. rather be in the richmond area i reckon??
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM
superuser

Yeah, if you don't mind. Would love to get the tranny fluid replaced and maybe the Torqueshift transmission checked out by someone who has seen one apart before. Not confident that many around here deal with the diesels as there are very few on the lots out here. Maybe out near you and in Fredericksburg there are more experienced diesel mechanics. If not central Va, if you know someone in Frederick MD that you could recommend, I could leave it overnight as I have family up that way.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Colonial Ford is a truck dealer, but we had trouble with them on an F550 with tranny problems (5 trannys before the c&c had 100k miles).

Sheehy used to sell and service trucks, but I'm not sure if they still do...I don't have a need for a diesel anymore so I don't know if they still have a big truck dept.