Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Delta V Motorsports

Old 01-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Murdered Out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all
Default Delta V Motorsports

Ok. So i just spent about $650 (new $1049,map selector $79)for a TurboXs Utec,ABC, and remote map selector for my 04 WRX. I take my car to Delta V motorsports to get work done for the Rex in the city of richmond. Well before the new year i told jeff i was in the market to buy a utec asap. I found a deal on a Utec in el paso texas from a good guy. I asked jeff if it mattered what utec i need to get, and he told me it shouldnt matter what year the utec came off of and that it should work.

So i get the guy to overnight the utec for me and i got jeff to install the unit. I dropped my car off at about 10a the thursday before the new year and picked it back up around 5pm to find out that jeff didnt complete the install.So he told me to bring the car back on monday and that he would finish the job and i will pay him then. Well monday came and i dropped the car off to come back with everything installed and i was happy. But of course there is always bad news when it comes to my car. Well he was unable to connect his laptop to the Utec to clear the maps or to even get the unit to communicate to each other. He told me to come back again on tues. and he will try again. Well thanks to chapter 8 and throatystang we were able to connect to the utec, clear the stage 4 maps, and also datalog to make sure everything was running ok and it was except boost level was low because we didnt touch the boost maps(only hitting 13psi and i was trying to hit 16.5psi).So i took the car back to Delta V motorsports and jeff told me to just try out the stage 4 maps and adjust the boost controller to the psi i want.

Well this morning i called TurboXs and told them about my problem and asked for advise(the were closed all last and the week since christmas) and talked to a guy and i explained my situation. Well turns out he tells me that the Utec i bought,the one jeff said would be ok, wont WORK FOR MY YEAR WRX!!! i was so pissed. So i called jeff and told him the news and he really didnt sound like he cared too much. So now im stuck with a Utec i have to sell and then try to find a Utec for an 04 WRX. I dont think ill be going there anymore. Then again i shouldnt have just taken his word, but i thought since he knows alot about subaru he would at least know something about UTEC since he has been telling me to get it all along.

Never had a problem until this happened. Just wanted to share my story.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

spooln7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Delta V Motorsports

that sucks. sorry to hear about that alfie
Old 01-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

yea...so now i need a UTEC version 6 for my 04. Hey craig buy my hallman MBC from me now.its off the car.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DOHC B18
yea...so now i need a UTEC version 6 for my 04. Hey craig buy my hallman MBC from me now.its off the car.
MBC's suck on sequential setup... infact i don't even think it'll work on sequential setup..
Old 01-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

sorry, already got this
http://dragva.com/forums/attachment....id=18656&stc=1
Old 01-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spooln7

You're car back togeather yet? Lemme know if you wanna hand, i'm bored this week.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

those are my old injectors in that pic, the 1300cc injectors should be at my house tomorrow rx7store tells me. after that i can put everything back together
Old 01-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

here are some pics of my progress
Old 01-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Well Alfie has actually been really nice in the way he has described delta V motorsports treating him. I wont go into details but I strongly recommend potential customers to reconsider going there. I have always sent people over there but no more. Its stupid for shops to do shit like this. He should have offered alfie more options or atleast not charge him the measely 45 install fee .......considering he failed to complete his job and really did not care. On top of it giving wrong advice to a customer....a $650 mistake.
What goes around comes around
Delta V
Originally Posted by DOHC B18
Ok. So i just spent about $650 (new $1049,map selector $79)for a TurboXs Utec,ABC, and remote map selector for my 04 WRX. I take my car to Delta V motorsports to get work done for the Rex in the city of richmond. Well before the new year i told jeff i was in the market to buy a utec asap. I found a deal on a Utec in el paso texas from a good guy. I asked jeff if it mattered what utec i need to get, and he told me it shouldnt matter what year the utec came off of and that it should work.

So i get the guy to overnight the utec for me and i got jeff to install the unit. I dropped my car off at about 10a the thursday before the new year and picked it back up around 5pm to find out that jeff didnt complete the install.So he told me to bring the car back on monday and that he would finish the job and i will pay him then. Well monday came and i dropped the car off to come back with everything installed and i was happy. But of course there is always bad news when it comes to my car. Well he was unable to connect his laptop to the Utec to clear the maps or to even get the unit to communicate to each other. He told me to come back again on tues. and he will try again. Well thanks to chapter 8 and throatystang we were able to connect to the utec, clear the stage 4 maps, and also datalog to make sure everything was running ok and it was except boost level was low because we didnt touch the boost maps(only hitting 13psi and i was trying to hit 16.5psi).So i took the car back to Delta V motorsports and jeff told me to just try out the stage 4 maps and adjust the boost controller to the psi i want.

Well this morning i called TurboXs and told them about my problem and asked for advise(the were closed all last and the week since christmas) and talked to a guy and i explained my situation. Well turns out he tells me that the Utec i bought,the one jeff said would be ok, wont WORK FOR MY YEAR WRX!!! i was so pissed. So i called jeff and told him the news and he really didnt sound like he cared too much. So now im stuck with a Utec i have to sell and then try to find a Utec for an 04 WRX. I dont think ill be going there anymore. Then again i shouldnt have just taken his word, but i thought since he knows alot about subaru he would at least know something about UTEC since he has been telling me to get it all along.

Never had a problem until this happened. Just wanted to share my story.

Last edited by Terry@Fortune; 01-05-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Murdered Out

hey craig stop posting crap about ur rx7. yea it sucks hopefully terry you find some good new from turboxs for me tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Delta V Motorsports