Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

cool vid.... 2003 sti wrc car

Old 01-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Damn street racers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trbowrx has disabled reputation
Default cool vid.... 2003 sti wrc car

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/video/Pet...reza%20WRX.wmv Video is kinda long but it is kinda cool
Old 01-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: cool vid.... 2003 sti wrc car

Originally Posted by trbowrx
http://www.wrxfanatics.com/video/Pet...reza%20WRX.wmv Video is kinda long but it is kinda cool
wow good find
Very enjoyable...I love the Suby WRC car...by far the best looking car. however I was a bit dissapointed with Solbergs driving in the vid, it did not seem very inspiring.
Hahh his driving style in that video was very similar to mine, really smooth inputs on the gas and steering not to unsetlle the car.

But as you can see he was being tailed really bad by the other driver. I really prefer panizzi's driving style....he drives more aggresive on tarmac and icorporates alot more rapid foot work and razor sharp steering inputs flinging the car around. I bet if you put both of them on the same tarmac course in the same car Panizzi would have killed him.....gravel/snow is a different story
Old 01-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

just for reference check this link and watch his driving style

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/mot...zi_movies.html

dont watch the first 2 vids I already posted those....watch the last 2...especially the footwork. ahh only if panizzi could be in a better WRC car like the suby or citroen he would be killer on tarmac
Old 01-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Oh I think I have this on dvd. Does he drive a stock white STi first and then drives the WRC car? The first car I get a feeling Solberg had a hardtime with the RHD. In the WRC car, it may not have looked impressive, but he was probably really fast.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by Brian T
Oh I think I have this on dvd. Does he drive a stock white STi first and then drives the WRC car? The first car I get a feeling Solberg had a hardtime with the RHD. In the WRC car, it may not have looked impressive, but he was probably really fast.
yup thats the one...yeah the RHD crossed my mind as well. Yeah no doubt he was quick in the WRC car....very quick.
But he could have been more spirited on the factory car
Old 01-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Kicking Ass

Yeah I'm definitely going to say he wasn't used to something. Maybe its been awhile since he raced a standard manual shifter. He had his hand on the shifter the whole time and didn't even blip the throttle on downshifts. What I thought was cool was watching them scout out the stage and write down pacenotes. I've never seen that before until I saw this video.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Patron

Yeah I'm definitely going to say he wasn't used to something. Maybe its been awhile since he raced a standard manual shifter. He had his hand on the shifter the whole time and didn't even blip the throttle on downshifts. What I thought was cool was watching them scout out the stage and write down pacenotes. I've never seen that before until I saw this video.
yeah that was wierd he wasnt heel toeing it or doing the signature rally style brake boosting thru the turns....maybe it was a combo of rhd and not used to standard shifter. Yeah the scouting was cool....but dont they have a scouting team in the WRC that does that for the teams or do the drivers/codrivers actually do it?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Kicking Ass

They have scouts that make sure the route(no bigass tree that recently fell right after a turn) is safe if I remember right. But I'm pretty sure that the driver and co-driver do the actual pacenotes.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Patron

you know what else is wierd that I noticed...Panizzi never rev matches when he is down shifting...he just mashes the brake and downs the gears with the clutch and alternates by brake boosting the shit out of the car mid turn modulating the gas pedal like crazy and pumping the brakes...but yeah the not rev matching part is strange
Old 01-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Patron

They have scouts that make sure the route(no bigass tree that recently fell right after a turn) is safe if I remember right. But I'm pretty sure that the driver and co-driver do the actual pacenotes.
ahh cool, makes sense