Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Computer Help

Old 08-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C89ZX7R is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Computer Help

My computer is now missing the windows validation code,the c-drive icon and the control panel. My time has converted to military time with " virus alert " beside it. Firefox will start new windows when ever it wants to. And the task manager is locked.

any thoughts?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Computer Help

Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
My computer is now missing the windows validation code,the c-drive icon and the control panel. My time has converted to military time with " virus alert " beside it. Firefox will start new windows when ever it wants to. And the task manager is locked.

any thoughts?
Sounds like a Virus, Are you running any anti-virus software? What operating system are you running? You could always try System restore to solve the issue (programs > accessories > system tools)
Old 08-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt64246
Sounds like a Virus, Are you running any anti-virus software? What operating system are you running? You could always try System restore to solve the issue (programs > accessories > system tools)
can't do a system restore . already ran the virus , 08 ad-aware , ATF-Cleaner , Super Anti-spyware , Malwarebytes , rouge remover and trend online scanner. got rid of alot of it but i'm still left with the above issue .
Old 08-28-2008, 01:44 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

sounds like some pretty intense fuckage. I'd get some anti-adware shit on there ASAP and see what happens. Go to trendmicro's website also and run the "housecall" program and it'll check for viruses for free.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:45 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

can't do a system restore . already ran the virus , 08 ad-aware , ATF-Cleaner , Super Anti-spyware , Malwarebytes , rouge remover and trend online scanner. got rid of alot of it but i'm still left with the above issue .
gonna have to do a restore then. Sometimes that shit embeds itself so deep it's the only way, that I know of. But i'm out of the loop, haven't done computer tech work in years. might be some new tricks these days. There's a couple people on here in central who do that stuff for a living, hopefully one of them will see it.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
sounds like some pretty intense fuckage. I'd get some anti-adware shit on there ASAP and see what happens. Go to trendmicro's website also and run the "housecall" program and it'll check for viruses for free.
see above quote .

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
gonna have to do a restore then. Sometimes that shit embeds itself so deep it's the only way, that I know of. But i'm out of the loop, haven't done computer tech work in years. might be some new tricks these days. There's a couple people on here in central who do that stuff for a living, hopefully one of them will see it.
no restore point .
Old 08-28-2008, 02:26 AM
Registered Member

toyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the rough

You might have to take it to a professional to get it repaired. If you really want to tackle the problems, you'll have to take them on one at a time. I think the easiest thing you can do now is backup the files you want to keep (to be safe, backup each and every file one at a time so that you don't pick up anything that will mess up your system later) and format and reinstall your operating system. Format your MBR also. Do not back up any programs. Good luck. You don't really need all those anti spyware and scanners and stuff. Just use a good antivirus program and a good firewall and don't click on all kinds of banners and fake warning messages on the web. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:41 AM
Banned

all my stuff is on a external hd that wasn't on when it hit the computer . was trying not to re-install the system . arghhhh . lol
Old 08-28-2008, 03:27 AM
Banned

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH , new shit now .

a pop up using firefox with audio just arrived , closed it and can still HEAR IT . its now where to be found but i can still hear it ...........................
Old 08-28-2008, 03:27 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

cheap trick but it works, bring it up in safe mode and log in as the administrator, create a new login and use that. 9 times outta ten itl work on a 2k /xp machine thats got those sorta issues.

to get safe mode start punching F8 just after post.

GL!