Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car got dinged in the parking lot at an apartment, now with permanent paint stain...

Old 06-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banshee is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Car got dinged in the parking lot at an apartment, now with permanent paint stain...

This may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but to me it gets down to my bones so listen up:

I'm down in Richmond visiting my girlfriend for the weekend at her new apartment. Anyways, Monday night about 8PM we go out to FoodLion to pick up some stuff to make dinner. We get back at about 8:40PM and I decide to back my car in this time, next to my girlfriend's laser red 99 V6, to make it easier for me to leave when I had to goto work. There was no car parked on the passenger side of my car when I backed in and last saw my car. So we get the groceries out of the trunk and walk inside to make some food. We made dinner and at approximately 9:20 or so we went outside for a mile jog before eating. Got back at about 9:30 and returned inside to eat. At this time I noticed a red mini-van parked next to my stang, on the passenger side where the spot had previously been open. At 10:15PM I leave to goto work in Alexandria, VA...about 100 miles away, I work the midnight shift.

This morning about 7:15AM I walk outside to get some fresh air and just stare at my car like I usually do. I noticed all the dead bugs on the front of my new Cobra bumper and kinda chuckled. I started walking around the car noticing little imperfections and then I saw it....omg. Behind my passenger's door and slightly above the rear wheelwell was the damage. There was a streak of red paint at about a 45 degree angle a few inches long now imbedded into the side of my car. Maybe it wouldn't have been much of a deal if my car was already red, but its not. It's white. Bright white and now I have a blotch of red! To top it off, in the same vecinity as this door ding of red paint are two scratches which appear to have been made by some sort of metal object, keys I presume. I know exactly who it had to have been since I scope my car over nearly every morning for dings which were not present the day before. There was a red minivan parked next to me as I left last night which was not there when I backed in an hour before I left. Since I work at night and am the ONLY car in the parking lot it had to have happened the day before.

Virginia Tags-
YUL-6047
Red Minivan, appeared to be an early model Caravan or similar(Voyager?)

The people who own the van live next to my girlfriend, appear to be in their early twenties, play obnoxiously loud(can hear through the walls) rap music and walk around with fros. Yea, you know the type I'm talking about. I don't really want to start **** with them accusing them in their face but I'm 99.999999% positive it was somebody in that household who did it.

I only have liability insurance for my car, but I believe I'm covered as long as I am not to blaim for a claim.

I don't like to start **** and I'm really not feeling up to walking over there, knocking on the door, asking for the owner's insurance information and getting socked in the jaw by some Busta'Rhymes looking fool and rolling backwards down the stairs on my ass with a busted face and then bruised back.

Any suggestions on what to do?
Old 06-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Banned

I took a few pics, they are large in size to best show the scrape.

Here are the links:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/486/...ighlighted.jpg

Unfortunately the pics don't show the color as well as I had hoped, but its pretty obvious when you stand next to the car.

Last edited by Banshee; 06-10-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Shit like that really burns me to the core You can't have anything nice without some disrespectful asshole ruining it for you. Unfortunately, the best thing you can do is cough up the $100 out of your own pocket and have it fixed.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:43 PM
ur hot now go away

1TZ JENN has disabled reputation

that sucks man im sorrie
Old 06-10-2003, 06:23 PM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

ok josh thanks for totally dissing erica and i's neighborhood-dude wtf? You've never even met the neighbors, yea they are asses for dinging your car but you shoulndt jump into stereotypes like that. #1 we dont have rap music blaring loudly and constantly-this is NOT the ghetto here, erica and i both moved out of htat. my old apt was a frigging ghetto. OUr new place is not like that. And assuming they'd clock you for confronting them isnt' right either-i'll goover there myself and ask them about it-most likely they'll flat out deny it but nobody will get hit over it-
#2 thx because now nobody i'v e just met will want to come over and hang out now. oh no we cant go there they are car bashing assholes there...i mean come on dont make up so much shit next time. we got the plates, i'll talk to the neighbors when they are home and TRY to work somethin out. if not we'll find another way. but for you all who've read this, we live in an awesome place and the neighbors i have met in our building our nice-whoever hit him lives in another apt building. anyway i am sorry i had to defend my neighborhood because iknow what its like to live in a shit neighborhod and THIS AINT IT.

if any of ya'll ever do want to cme over and chill you're welcome to but i doubt htat will ever happen now.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:35 PM

HondaCrusher has disabled reputation
Default You aint gotta lie about it

It's ok that you live in the ghetto. We understand that Busta is your neighbor. That's totally cool with us. I mean he probably has some dank a** S**t.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:00 PM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

ain't schidt wrong with the ghetto lol.

but seriously, that sux man. jus get u a bb gun and have a lil fun one night... problem solved
Old 06-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Banned

...Sorry Becky. You misinterpreted what I said and I did not mean to insult you.

Last edited by Banshee; 06-10-2003 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:31 PM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

carry it to pm's please...

can i have those 3 min back now?
Old 06-10-2003, 09:35 PM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by fatboyee
ain't schidt wrong with the ghetto lol.

but seriously, that sux man. jus get u a bb gun and have a lil fun one night... problem solved
LOL-bb gun...i can think of plenty of other shit too-after all his girl andi live here and since i'm the insomniac who's ever gonna know?

aint shit wrong cept when they smash up your car-saw too much of that downtown-or when you're tryin to sleep and hear gunshots at night--anyway nuff' bout all of that. later on

regarding our goddamn neighbors-neither josh nor i know who the hell they are. so who knows he could be right-i just didnt want people to get the impression we live in a shithole-its the west end-like hondacrusher said to me "even the bad part of west end still has yuppies". adn btw-screw richmond police. they arent worth a donut combined concerning fender benders.

Last edited by BadBeck; 06-10-2003 at 09:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Car got dinged in the parking lot at an apartment, now with permanent paint stain...