Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

can i borrow a p28?

Old 08-16-2005, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roppetty has disabled reputation
Default can i borrow a p28?

for like 5 minutes before friday? i just finished swapping a z6 into a crx with obd1 conversion and it drowns itself in fuel. checked the fpr and pretty sure the injectors are ok, working on checking those now. but im leaning towards it being an ecu issue. if anyone around midlothian could let me borrow their p28 so i can see whether that is the problem or not. wanted to get this running before going back to tech this weekend
Old 08-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: can i borrow a p28?

are you using a stock p28?
Old 08-16-2005, 07:44 PM

i have a chipped p28 right now using a stock uberdata p28 rom. i've tried lowring the fuel maps but its not changing anything.

i should have used stock p28 before chipping it, but i didnt think i'd have a problem...guess i was wrong
Old 08-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

94ta_lt1 is an unknown quantity at this point

is the z6 stock?
Old 08-16-2005, 08:19 PM

yeah mostly...its got pm6 pistons which raise compression to a little under 10:1 i believe. and pNp head. i just rebuilt it and did the swap, didnt want to get a whole lot of a/m parts till i got it running and broken in a little bit. just got things where i needed to replace the stock parts anyway
Old 08-16-2005, 08:27 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

Originally Posted by roppetty
i have a chipped p28 right now using a stock uberdata p28 rom. i've tried lowring the fuel maps but its not changing anything.

i should have used stock p28 before chipping it, but i didnt think i'd have a problem...guess i was wrong

u sure you are not in limp mode with a bad burn on the chip? (limp mode= 3k revlimit and nasty idle)
Old 08-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

cut the j1 jumper inside your ecu and it will put it back to stock. That way you can tell if its a problem with the chipping or not.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
u sure you are not in limp mode with a bad burn on the chip? (limp mode= 3k revlimit and nasty idle)
nope, i've taken it over 3k

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Quote:

cut the j1 jumper inside your ecu and it will put it back to stock. That way you can tell if its a problem with the chipping or not.
thanks, i'll try that.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

let me know how it turns out.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:29 AM

ok so last night i was testing the injectors, listened to them using a screw driver and could distinguish the clicking on three of the four, so today i was going to test them to see if one was stuck open or something. i unplugged each one at a time while running, 3 of the four made the idle change almost stalled out. the one that i couldnt hear clicking on didnt change anything. i decided to make sure there was spark before plopping down 60 bucks on an injector only to have it not be the cause...so i pulled the wire while it was running, no idle changed or anything, but 30 seconds later the car shut off. now im getting no spark on any of the plugs. checked the ignition fuse and that's fine. so now i have to search through to find whatever the hell i broke by pulling the wire while running.

so whenever i finish that and double check to make sure the injector is in fact bad. if that doesnt fix the fuel issue i'll try the ecu thing. im leaning towards it being a bad injector though, not closing all the way or something

Quick Reply: can i borrow a p28?