Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Body Kit

Old 11-03-2004, 09:51 PM
TERMIN8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Default Body Kit

How much am im looking at for a good price to paint, fit and sand my Saleen body kit? Front/Rear and 2 side skirts.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:56 PM

slither slither slither slither slither slither
Default Re: Body Kit

Is it original saleen stuff? If so, mine fit decent. Only thing is it has to be put into placed, marked, drilled and put the exsisting brackets on. The real saleen stuff also soaks up the paint like you wouldnt beleave. My old body shop had to spray mine quite a few times to get all the tiny holes out of it. I think the price to do it will depend on who you go to, your location, etc..
Just letting ya know what to look forward to. Oh, and no wing? My car looked like crap with teh saleen body kit minus the wing while I was waiting for it to get painted
Old 11-04-2004, 02:21 AM
all show ~ no go

TrueBlueGTStang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slither
Is it original saleen stuff? If so, mine fit decent. Only thing is it has to be put into placed, marked, drilled and put the exsisting brackets on. The real saleen stuff also soaks up the paint like you wouldnt beleave. My old body shop had to spray mine quite a few times to get all the tiny holes out of it. I think the price to do it will depend on who you go to, your location, etc..
Just letting ya know what to look forward to. Oh, and no wing? My car looked like crap with teh saleen body kit minus the wing while I was waiting for it to get painted

If your going make it a fake saleen if so go all out rims, wing, hood, front and back bumper and side skirts
Old 11-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
How much am im looking at for a good price to paint, fit and sand my Saleen body kit? Front/Rear and 2 side skirts.
Jim Hutchins does awesome work. That's where we used to always send our cars when I worked at Cavalier. Check with Brandon back in RS, he's friends with Jim's grandson.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:52 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Lee i told you my friend at chevy shawn would probably help you out. all you have to do is test fit the kit and actually paint it. not like the other cars around town that have been mis-matched for a long time. PRIMER IS NOT A COLOR KIDS!! PAINT YOUR KITS!! lol
Old 11-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by TrueBlueGTStang
If your going make it a fake saleen if so go all out rims, wing, hood, front and back bumper and side skirts

OR...dont do it all together and save your money.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:48 AM
TERMIN8

U know whats funny all these responces and no one gave me a ballpark figure lol....
Old 11-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Cause no one knows. Including me.

If your plans stay the same as what you told me that day @ PAS (psssssssssh) then I would want the car to look as stock as possible. Thats just me.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:59 AM
TERMIN8

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
Cause no one knows. Including me.

If your plans stay the same as what you told me that day @ PAS (psssssssssh) then I would want the car to look as stock as possible. Thats just me.
Naw thats not me, got to look good doing it also. For the LAIDIES
Old 11-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

Ladies will still know its a V6 with a Saleen body kit.

Quick Reply: Body Kit