Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

apartments/houses for rent

Old 07-19-2006, 05:40 PM
uhmm right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
corina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default apartments/houses for rent

hey all, my lease with the wilton companies is over @ the end of August and Im debating whether or not I want to continue with the lease or find something better, so I figured I'd ask for everyones feedback on who theyve dealt with, how much, all that good stuff.

Right now, I'm in a one bedroom apartment, which includes gas, trash, and water, for $639. I want to be somewhere inbetween my price now (639)-about 900 or so, and something which includes some utilities. Oh yeah, and in the west end area...or...at least a decent part of Richmond, just as long as it isnt downtown.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2006, 06:05 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default Re: apartments/houses for rent

creekpoint apts have good rates and they are right next to powhite/288. good area of chesterfield. and because of powhite/288 it very convenient to go anywhere i used to live there and i was paying 650 a month for a big 2 bedroom2bath apt.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:43 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I have a room for rent in my own home that may fit what you want. Pretty big place. Also have half a house for rent, share with a cop that works nights. Both are in the West End. PM or AIM me if interested.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly man if you dont mind roommates... a house is the way to go...

The place im in the lease ends around the same time... its like 1150 a month for a 3 bedroom... I wouldnt suggest renting this place tho the land lord is a prick... "peeping in windows and dropping by 2 times a week un anounced"
Old 07-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I pay 850 for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a deck in Short Pump
Old 07-20-2006, 04:07 PM
uhmm right

Originally Posted by Not Stock
I have a room for rent in my own home that may fit what you want. Pretty big place. Also have half a house for rent, share with a cop that works nights. Both are in the West End. PM or AIM me if interested.
It'd actually be my boyfriend & i, and idk, a 19 year old & a 21 year old living with a cop...idk, just trouble to be had, lol

Originally Posted by DWLSRx8
honestly man if you dont mind roommates... a house is the way to go...

The place im in the lease ends around the same time... its like 1150 a month for a 3 bedroom... I wouldnt suggest renting this place tho the land lord is a prick... "peeping in windows and dropping by 2 times a week un anounced"
im a girl, lol. about renting a house, i dont even know where to start with that. would I go through the newspapers, or just look around?

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I pay 850 for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a deck in Short Pump
whats the name & where at?
Old 07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Banned

when it comes to looking at renting housees its alot like an apt. you lokin teh papers, www.craigslist.com or do like we did and drive around in areas you might want to live in. after about 3 weeks of looking and calling we found a nice place over by merchants walk.

We even have a lease to own option. where a certian amount of our rent is put towards the down payment of the house. maybe a bi more expensive but i think its well worth it.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:48 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

For the price range you mentioned, you can find a decent 2 bedroom apartment but might not find a respectable townhouse for that price until you go up to the $900+ range. You can find an older house to rent near the airport (East End) in that price range, if you'd prefer a house over desired location.

Check out www.roommates.com just for an idea of going rates in the area as well. For apartments/condos, check out www.apartmentguide.com too. Something along Lauderdale (near Short Pump Mall) and Route 1 (near Virginia Center Commons) might be good areas to start. If you want to live closer to VCU, the Fan is awesome, the parking -- not so much.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Banned

^^^ agreed fan is nice. how ever i saw the area where Im at now "we call it the island because where surrounded by highway" over by u or r staduim... pretty much all teh people here are cool as hell.. even when i go tearing thru teh parking lots... only time parking becomes an issue is when theres a soccer game. But thats maybe once a month or so.

wish ya good luck on gettign anew place. if you want I will keep an ear out for ya..
skott
Old 07-22-2006, 10:20 AM
uhmm right

Originally Posted by Not Stock
For the price range you mentioned, you can find a decent 2 bedroom apartment but might not find a respectable townhouse for that price until you go up to the $900+ range. You can find an older house to rent near the airport (East End) in that price range, if you'd prefer a house over desired location.

Check out www.roommates.com just for an idea of going rates in the area as well. For apartments/condos, check out www.apartmentguide.com too. Something along Lauderdale (near Short Pump Mall) and Route 1 (near Virginia Center Commons) might be good areas to start. If you want to live closer to VCU, the Fan is awesome, the parking -- not so much.
thats where im at now, on lauderdale/patterson. all the places ive been looking @ that I actually like dont include ANY utilities, I guess it's just that time to step it up.

Originally Posted by DWLSRx8
^^^ agreed fan is nice. how ever i saw the area where Im at now "we call it the island because where surrounded by highway" over by u or r staduim... pretty much all teh people here are cool as hell.. even when i go tearing thru teh parking lots... only time parking becomes an issue is when theres a soccer game. But thats maybe once a month or so.

wish ya good luck on gettign anew place. if you want I will keep an ear out for ya..
skott
yeah, thatd be awesome if ya could keep an eye out, i dont think im gonna sign a new lease, but just live month-to-month until I figure out what I want to do.

Thanks guys

Quick Reply: apartments/houses for rent