Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone work at Sheehy?

Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Nic
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Default Anyone work at Sheehy?

And can tell me a little about their municipal sales department? Anyone work in the shop back there?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:01 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone work at Sheehy?

I used to work in sales there and I have a friend that works at the body shop over there. What did you need/have questions about?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Nic
Patron

I got this random ass phone call asking if I'd be interested in a job doing installs on the police vehicles. I have no idea how/where they got my name and number, but I'm always in the market to take a better job, so I figured I'd listen to what they have to offer. Just wondering if anyone had worked over there and could comment on the atmosphere and how enjoyable their experience was over there.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:05 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Are the installs of the new STARS radios?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Nic
Patron

Not sure. It's police radio equipment. That's all I know. I doubt they can come close to touching what I make at my current job though.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

baller.

That wouldnt be a bad job, def. negotiate salary tho.Milk them for everything they got, electronics on all the police vehicles. Nice
Old 07-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

They do enough, they have their own dept. When I worked at Richmond Ford we didn't even have that. Looks like they have alot invested in it and for a good reason.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

The STARS system is the new radio for all law enforcement and gov't agencies. Since it's a HUGE rollout, they are outsourcing. It's a new second phase of the $350M project from what I understand. My vehicles at work are supposed to get them installed sometime soon.

If that's all you'll be doing, keep in mind that it's from a grant/contract so once the job is done...

There is a state job doing the installs with benefits. Once you install them all, you become the lead tech for repairs, troubleshooting, etc statewide. That'd fit your work experience perfectly.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Nic
Patron

Contacted them back. Their hours don't fit my schedule and I think VCU would fit my experiences MUCH better right now
Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Nic, what do you do right now? I thought you were a free-agent audio installer of sorts.

Quick Reply: Anyone work at Sheehy?