Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone up for a day trip out to Skyline Drive?

Old 06-23-2007, 07:49 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Question Anyone up for a day trip out to Skyline Drive?

Today was a great day for it, drove the red car out there (I-64, Skyline, Rt-33 back) and got in a whole bunch of pics. Anyone interested in cruising out there a Saturday maybe in like 2 weeks, July 7th?

Am thinking of meeting up at Dinosaur Land on Rt 522 -- it's a super cheesy place with fiberglass dinosaurs -- go somewhere for lunch or do a picnic thing, then drive down Skyline Drive to Rt 33 exit or maybe all the way down to the I-64 exit. The Rt 522 is easy to get to for NoVA people, maybe some of the western people could meet us up as well. At the Rt 33 exit, it goes downhill with some great twisties and plenty of wide road, posted speed limit is 55 mph. The I-64 exit is the end of Skyline Drive and would be a good place to head home for everyone.

Does this sound like something worthwhile?

Old 06-23-2007, 08:12 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Anyone up for a day trip out to Skyline Drive?

This is another picture, liked the way the mountain sloped.

Anyways, the Skyline Drive for those who have never been costs $15 and you get to cruise it for 7 days. State employees might be able to get in free, dunno (I paid anyways). Having a fee tends to weed out stupid people who just want to show up for free stuff 'cause they have nothing better to do. Having to pay money for a cruise should be no problem for those who want good photo ops. The speed limit throughout the entire way is 35 mph and there are a bajillion places to pull off and take pics, have a picnic, go hiking, etc.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

i'd like to go but im not really into drive all fast and what not. im i dont mind puttin a little petal to the floor but im not trying to get crazy and what not.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:46 AM
superuser

Originally Posted by Young L
i'd like to go but im not really into drive all fast and what not. im i dont mind puttin a little petal to the floor but im not trying to get crazy and what not.
Speed limit is 35 mph along there, you *will* get pulled if going too quickly. This is more of a leisurely cruise and photo taking tour. In two hours, I went 20 miles.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

sounds perfect to me.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally Posted by 65-SpyderGT
Speed limit is 35 mph along there, you *will* get pulled if going too quickly. This is more of a leisurely cruise and photo taking tour. In two hours, I went 20 miles.
That's why it's not worth going.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Mid Atlantic Performance is a jewel in the roughMid Atlantic Performance is a jewel in the roughMid Atlantic Performance is a jewel in the roughMid Atlantic Performance is a jewel in the rough

i might be up for something like that as long as its not to hot. what time of day were you thinking?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:28 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

skyline drive sucks. i paid my 15 bucks thinking i was about to hop on the fucking Nürburgring and i got pulled over pretty quick by a park ranger. i cannot stand driveing 35 mph on a long ass twisty road.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:55 AM
superuser

Was thinking of driving along the Skyline Drive starting maybe around 3p or so, the sunset is pretty awesome from there. I would prefer not to go when it's in the 90s -- my car has no air conditioning, windows, roof...
Old 06-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
i cannot stand driveing 35 mph on a long ass twisty road.
yeah me too, I stay off skyline
I love some of the surrounding roads though

I will be at deals gap July 4th MUAHAHAHHWHAHAH
this is what happens when you play stupid at the dragon

Last edited by Terry@Fortune; 06-24-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone up for a day trip out to Skyline Drive?