Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anybody w/ 440 dsm injectors I can borrow?

Old 10-18-2005, 08:26 AM
speed racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Anybody w/ 440 dsm injectors I can borrow?

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Did the IAT's change between the time you first tuned it and when you checked it again? This could have changed them, but like i said i've never had any problems with the stock IAT correction factors being too far off with my dsm injectors. Also I know its weird, but i've always noticed my car and other cars run slightly leaner in the lower gears. Maybe not as lean as yours is, but slightly. Doesn't make much sense to me either, but maybe that has something to do with the gear corrections....although people on pgmfi.org have a new theory that the stock honda gear corrections actually modify timing rather than fuel like it was previously thought.
the iat's didn't change much, i don't trust dsm injectors much any how they have a shity spray pattern and it can make ail/fuel change around more then aftermarket injectors on my car and other cars i can get the same airfuels in every gear maybe a lil richer in 1st and 2nd since its less load on the engine with the same fuel demand as the higher gears

but i know some wrong with them injectoer since when u 1st start driving the car around right after its warm the air/fuels are richer in 1st and 2nd gear where they should be and soon as about 10mins in to the ride u try it again its back leaner in the 1st 2gears im guessing they need to be clean who knows some new ones will tell it
Old 10-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

yea DSM injectors have a funky pulse width vs. flow pattern, but that mostly just makes things harder to tune out around idle. I find they like to idle slightly richer than 14.7:1. Honestly i've never had any real problems with my dsm injectors or anyone else that i know, but I have noticed mine runs slightly leaner in 1st and 2nd as well. I figured it was the gear correction multipliers, but since people thing the those are now used for timing instead I don't know. It hasn't bothered me though since I tune for mid to low 11's on a street car which only brings 1st and 2nd gear afr's up around 12:1.

Were you checking the ECT's when the afr would mysteriously change? On a friend's car that had a problem with running too cold on the highway his afr's would instantly drop a full point richer whenever the temp got below i believe it was 180 degrees or so. Maybe it was around 170 something...not quite sure.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:20 PM

slither slither slither slither slither slither

This is offtipic, but RHD Soarer, I read in another thread that people were saying your car didnt make that much power. Is there that much of a diff between your cars engine and a supra's gte? From what i have seen, the auto's put down less hp but are faster. Is this not the case with the soarers?
fwiw, my buddy jason(hotsoup on the net) made like 455whp through his auto supra with just a few more mods than you have.
btw, not sure if you have a catless dp/mp, but ive got one you can have if you need it, assuming it will fit.
Ill also have some stock 550's soon if you need those aswell
Old 10-19-2005, 05:38 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by slither
This is offtipic, but RHD Soarer, I read in another thread that people were saying your car didnt make that much power. Is there that much of a diff between your cars engine and a supra's gte? From what i have seen, the auto's put down less hp but are faster. Is this not the case with the soarers?
fwiw, my buddy jason(hotsoup on the net) made like 455whp through his auto supra with just a few more mods than you have.
btw, not sure if you have a catless dp/mp, but ive got one you can have if you need it, assuming it will fit.
Ill also have some stock 550's soon if you need those aswell
The primary difference between the 2jz and the 1jz is the displacement. As far as the automatic tranny, the car is faster with a auto just like the supra. I know people have a hard time believing that but the auto is faster in the 1/4 and thats why I havent scrapped it.

With all the bolt ons that I have guys have made up to 400whp. However Im not in that hp range. I do have a catless DP and thanks for the offer. But I am needing some 550's. How much you trying to get for them?

BTW the injectors in regards to this thread are not for the soarer but a turbo teg FYI.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14

auto's put more load on the engine .....more load = quicker spool
Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 AM

slither slither slither slither slither slither

Ahhh, i got ya now. I was thinking your soarer had a 2jz, not a 1jz.
Hell, make me a lowball offer on the injectors(the whole fuel system if you need it, except for the pump)
Its not out of the car yet, i have to finish buying parts for the fuel system and go from there.