Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any know good rim shops in Richmond?

Old 08-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snozepp147 has disabled reputation
Default Any know good rim shops in Richmond?

hey everyone, i havent been on here all summer. the only mod i've really done this summer is painted my sideskirts which came out awesome.

ok so i ordered some Velox VX-8's in gunmetal from wheelsnext.com a few days ago for $700 under the Tuner Specials and they called back and said they didnt have any gunmetal in stock and would take 4-6 weeks to order new ones. they also said it would cost an extra 100 to mount and balance the rims/tires which came as a surprise because i didnt see that anywhere on the website.

but on saturday me and a few friends are gonna go around town and look at some shops to see if they have any Velox's at around that price. We were gonna check R.P.M, Carrs, and this Toyo Tires shop near my house on Northside. Are rims cheaper in shops than on internet stores? i know wheelsnext has free shipping and stuff. I just wanna know if i could find a rim/tire special on 16" velox vx-8's in gunmetal around here for like under 800. so lemme know if you've bought rims in the area. thanks
Old 08-26-2004, 10:28 AM
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei
Default Re: Any know good rim shops in Richmond?

Originally Posted by snozepp147
hey everyone, i havent been on here all summer. the only mod i've really done this summer is painted my sideskirts which came out awesome.

ok so i ordered some Velox VX-8's in gunmetal from wheelsnext.com a few days ago for $700 under the Tuner Specials and they called back and said they didnt have any gunmetal in stock and would take 4-6 weeks to order new ones. they also said it would cost an extra 100 to mount and balance the rims/tires which came as a surprise because i didnt see that anywhere on the website.

but on saturday me and a few friends are gonna go around town and look at some shops to see if they have any Velox's at around that price. We were gonna check R.P.M, Carrs, and this Toyo Tires shop near my house on Northside. Are rims cheaper in shops than on internet stores? i know wheelsnext has free shipping and stuff. I just wanna know if i could find a rim/tire special on 16" velox vx-8's in gunmetal around here for like under 800. so lemme know if you've bought rims in the area. thanks

AHHH...you should have caught me like a month ago... I totaled my del sol...was selling a set of that exact wheel..velox v8s gunmetal w/ polished lip...let the whole 4 wheels and tires sized 17 for 350bucks!!! awesome wheels though good choice
Old 08-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

snozepp147 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by akalei
AHHH...you should have caught me like a month ago... I totaled my del sol...was selling a set of that exact wheel..velox v8s gunmetal w/ polished lip...let the whole 4 wheels and tires sized 17 for 350bucks!!! awesome wheels though good choice
ah, sorry i missed that.....bump does anyone know good rim shops in richmond? or how much 16"s go for in most shops?
Old 08-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

C.A.R.R.S.S. or RPM, both downtown near Richmond Ford. They got mad riiiiimz.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by snozepp147
ah, sorry i missed that.....bump does anyone know good rim shops in richmond? or how much 16"s go for in most shops?
any 16x7 +45 offset you should be able to pick up for about $10. If you want real wheels they might be a little more than $10
Old 08-26-2004, 02:23 PM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

For Performance parts, note Sig