Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any Ford 5.0 guys in the area... I need help bad!!

Old 08-30-2003, 01:00 PM
Settled..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN
Default Any Ford 5.0 guys in the area... I need help bad!!

Guys,

I just put on the Scorpion 1.6 RR's and now my valve covers will not clear. I found a set of El Cheapo valve covers but they are for like a early model or carb car. They wont allow me to use a oil breather and the throttle cable hits the valve cover....

Does anyone in the area have a set of Late Model 5.0 valve covers without the baffels inside or some that will clear a Roller Rocker for sure. I have Trick Flow heads and 1.6 RR's....

I want to make this Race Monday and I cant find a set locally at all...

I need the oil fill on the passenger side towards the front of the car. All the cheap sets have it on the rear and I cant make that work with Fuel Injection....

Any help guys?? Email me or something!!

lineupwithme@aol.com
Old 08-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

http://www.tricitiesmustang.com best place to find them
Old 08-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Settled..

I registered on the forums but I cant post, I hope I can get active to make a post to see if anyone can help me!!
Old 08-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

The forum is and has been very screwed up lately. Hopefully it will be worked out soon and back to normal.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Settled..

Either of you know anyone with a set I could buy? I really wana make this race!
Old 08-31-2003, 05:39 AM
Banned

Banshee is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe the FMS chromes will work, but they are roughly $240 for a set. You could try a junkyard for a set and see if you can remove as much baffling material as possible from the insides to get them to clear. Try doubling the gaskets?
Old 08-31-2003, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Off of the top of my head i dont know anyone that could help you. If its that important to you, you can always swap back to your original rockers and go racin'. Then get the right size valve cover and swap them back in. It sounded like you were going from 1.6's to 1.6's correct? If so, it wouldnt make any real difference...just swap em, go racin..deal with it later.

BTW - i saw your extremely clean '03GT near the Kings Dominion exit on my way home one day. Didnt know it was you until you passed and i saw the tag....then i couldnt remember where it was from...........oh well, anyways. Your car looks purdy.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:13 AM
Settled..

Originally posted by FlodaSE-R
Off of the top of my head i dont know anyone that could help you. If its that important to you, you can always swap back to your original rockers and go racin'. Then get the right size valve cover and swap them back in. It sounded like you were going from 1.6's to 1.6's correct? If so, it wouldnt make any real difference...just swap em, go racin..deal with it later.

BTW - i saw your extremely clean '03GT near the Kings Dominion exit on my way home one day. Didnt know it was you until you passed and i saw the tag....then i couldnt remember where it was from...........oh well, anyways. Your car looks purdy.
Thanks for the words about my ride....

I would switch them back but I have one that is broke and another that is close to being broke. So thats not a option, im going to try grinding on these things....
Old 08-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

You're probably going to need a 3/8" intake spacer...otherwise, the only valve covers you'll find to fit are going to be the TFS valve covers.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:07 PM
natural aspirated

LETHAL EFI is an unknown quantity at this point

got your voice mail rich,, i do not have any thing that would work at the moment, but i can get you some at a decent price. i'll call you once i see what i can get.

tim

Quick Reply: Any Ford 5.0 guys in the area... I need help bad!!