Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

2F2F blamed in death

Old 06-17-2003, 02:41 PM
yea, i'm that guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatboyee has disabled reputation
Default 2F2F blamed in death

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...e14jun14.story

wtf is this world coming to??
Old 06-17-2003, 02:55 PM

akalar32 is an unknown quantity at this point

What a crock of $h1t. That is so stupid to blame the movie for what he did. He had to make up his own mind to race that night and he did. I feel very sorry for the family for what happened, but you can't blame outside sources for his decision. Just my personal opinio though.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

He chose to see the movie. He chose to take the car. He chose to engage in the race. He chose to die, nothing more!
Old 06-17-2003, 03:05 PM
ur hot now go away

1TZ JENN has disabled reputation

The beginnin of the movie they tell you not to duplicate the movie. theres always a warning in both movies F&F and 2F2F So the movie ppl already covered there asses. its jus a way to show they dont believe there son would do this with out watchin this particular movie. nice case of denial to blame movie makers. if they could only see how much stuff in the movie wrong lol
Old 06-17-2003, 03:10 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Personal responsibility. People prefer tpo blame everyone but the ones making the deadly decisions who must then live (or die) with the consequences.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:14 PM
yea, i'm that guy

the sad part of it all is:

if people like us all made up whatever jury is gonna convene to take this trial on (if it goes thus far) the movie producers would walk no problem. BUT, middle aged, blue collar workers moreover disagree with our hobby and would probably drop such a heavy monitary consequence on the producers it won't make any sense.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:25 PM
ur hot now go away

1TZ JENN has disabled reputation

but mo they say dont try to duplicate this at home this was on closed streets n with professional stunt drivers. so i mean how is it there fault to make a movie that will catch a millions at the box office?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:30 PM
yea, i'm that guy

ignorance pays!

for example: take the woman who burned herself with mcdonald's coffe and got BOOQUO money.

i can picture the case now... in this movie they show the extravagant and fun side of illegal street racing. they show the beautiful women, the instant fame, the adrenaline rush, and the money that is associated with such an underworld. hell, even when they crashed the drivers survived unharmed *save for a hurt arm in each movie**. never did the movie show the greusome side to street racing and hi-speed accidents. it even showed a hi-speed game of 'chicken' wher the YENCO swerved off and still was able to recover unscathed.

what are the movie people left to say? 'we put a disclaimer in the begining of the movie.... and... well, the disclaimer's ther'. not much of a defense is it?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:38 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

There is a difference in putting a disclaimer on an entertainment item and an instruction manual. A disclaimer is kinda like prefixing "no offense" before punching someone, has no effect even in legal circles.

Harry Potter movies created a rush for fake glasses and kids found little twigs to swish around as magic wands. Kids emulate what they see just like monkeys. Mature people make their own informed decisions and must then live with the consequences of their actions by being held accountable.

Sure, I saw 2F&2F and laughed at the little kids in the parking lots. Personally, I knew the ramifications of drag racing on the street and made a decision not to even try (at least not then ).
Old 06-17-2003, 03:41 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

lots of people tryed to get pet owls after harry potter.