Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

195 a few minutes ago...

Old 07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 195 a few minutes ago...

Welp i was on teh way back from wal mart and came up to this.

not a very good shot. but fromt eh looks of it when i passed. Looked like the lugs where loose on the trailer causing it to slide... Which made the explorer hit the curb... Driver and passenger look to be fine just shook up...
2 lucky mo fo's in my book...
Old 07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 195 a few minutes ago...

thats why some people have no business pulling a trailer.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Simplicity, I Like!

Zero1Lude has disabled reputation

wow! where did you take the pic from? the bushes? I think the trailer is too small for the truck, or is that just me?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned

naw i didnt want to take a pic from 195. SO I tookt eh U of R stadium exit. Drove over hte bridge towards carytown. Pulled over and snaped the shot. Best i could do because of that freagn fence....

But i agree. Some people dont need to be pulling a trailer. Despite how easy they think it maybe...
Skott
Old 07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Looks like a busted leaf spring to me from that angle.

Trailer size is fine (both axles fit and weight evenly distributed) and that dual-axle trailer should have plenty of capacity.

Dual axle electric trailer brakes on mine, with an in-cab manual control if I need to apply just the trailer brakes in an emergency. Might have saved that one and prevented a jack-knife. An experienced driver might also have been able to save it, but then again, I didn't see the event happen so all we can do is guess.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:57 PM
natural aspirated

LETHAL EFI is an unknown quantity at this point

? why tow a truck larger than the tow vehicle.. He should get written up for exceeding the load capacity,, Dumb A$$
Old 07-11-2006, 03:23 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

weird, explorers never have problems with rollover accidents.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Looks like a busted leaf spring to me from that angle.

Trailer size is fine (both axles fit and weight evenly distributed) and that dual-axle trailer should have plenty of capacity.

Dual axle electric trailer brakes on mine, with an in-cab manual control if I need to apply just the trailer brakes in an emergency. Might have saved that one and prevented a jack-knife. An experienced driver might also have been able to save it, but then again, I didn't see the event happen so all we can do is guess.
yeah it hard to see from this angle... but when i drove past it. Some of the lugs where still one wherre a few of the others where actally gone. I dont know if they broke or if it was from it knifing myself. Totally agree a more experianced driver would have been key. Tho its kinda funny that the trialer queen survived and teh work horse rolled... 'DOH.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:58 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Work horse? Maybe a work pony.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

the trailer definately looks like it had something go wrong on that back axle. im willing to bet when it happened the driver freaked and blindly locked the brakes. with that load the rest is history.