Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

$8/hr cash -- Project Listings

Old 06-02-2006, 10:34 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb $8/hr cash -- Project Listings

Gotten a few replies, figured I'd post a new thread and detail opportunities for some summer cash. Offering $8/hr for those interested. Good opportunity to learn some stuff as well.

PM or AIM for contact info and address (if you don't know it by now). Pretty much always doing home improvement projects, so if you'd like to lend a hand, just lemmie know about an hour ahead of time and I'll let you know what's going on if you don't see anything listed here.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:47 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: $8/hr cash -- Project Listings

Saturday and Sunday:

Project 1) Early morning preferred
Dig holes for new trees.
Purchase new trees.
Plant new trees.

Project 2) Daytime only
Rent landscape edger to cut trench in front, side yards.
Cut a line in asphalt driveway using angle grinders.
Install underground pet fence in new trench, along fence, and across driveway.

Project 3) Daytime only
Run fishtape in garage ceiling for 14/2 gauge electrical wire.
Install 2 ceiling lights.
Install industrial ceiling fan.

Project 4) Anytime
Install terminal connections on 1st, 2nd floors for CATV, Satellite, Cat5e.
Create cable openings in sealed server racks.

Project 5) Anytime
Fully insulate hot water heater with wraps and blanket.

Project 6) Daytime
Install drip lines for hanging plants on front porch.
Install drip lines for front flower beds, maybe faucet.

... Yeah, it's a lot. Notice that none if it touches the 3rd floor "to do" list. Will try to do that late at night if anyone is interested in flinging a hammer, running a miter saw, and doing some electrical (new, existing, and relocating) work.

Big thumbs up to all who have helped so far. Still fighting the county on my plans for a porch with hot tub. Might have to just do standard decking and not have the hot tub recessed at this point, but would still prefer a freestanding arbor of some sort.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

My offer is still on the table...

Just need contact info and what not. This weekend would be great.

Last edited by growley; 06-02-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:24 PM
superuser

PM sent with contact info. Heavy thunderstorms moving thru now, but still lots that can be done on the inside!
Old 06-03-2006, 05:32 PM
superuser

Growley knocked out projects 1 and 3 and earned quite a bit of loot! Thanks again for the help! There are now 5 trees planted in the front yard.

Strange's up near Performance Autosport has some really great prices on their trees (20-40% off) and Kevin (one of the mgrs there) let me have a few bags of mulch at steep discount because they were ripped. Can't load a ripped bag of mulch into the back of a Mercedes minivan but they fling into the back of a pickup truck quite well. We also added some dirt to a place just south of Ashland by the highway. Someone needs to check that place for bodies!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:08 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

If you were closer i would of done the cat 5e and the coaxial connections....after all it's what i do for an living..hell..for the right price you could get fuckin fiber ran
Old 06-08-2006, 07:07 PM
superuser

For my network needs, Cat5e is enough for the moment, plus I can swap the connection for POTS lines. Have 3/4" conduit running throughout to more than 50 low voltage boxes on the first two floors alone and four 2.5" trunks from 3rd floor to crawlspace to accomodate future wiring needs.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:10 PM
superuser

A friend of mine who helped with the fence is building a multi-level pressure treated deck with 16 post holes. Renting a two wheeled massive auger this Saturday to drill the holes and he plans to stake out the rest that weekend as well if anyone is interested in using some big equipment. Same auger I used to drill my fence post holes.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

to Richard. You guys are really missing out. I would be doing more for you Richard but right now i'm in the middle of getting a job among other things.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:32 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like that house should be quite a site. i need to get by there and check it out Something about conduit and cat5 run thru a house still excites my inner geek....

Quick Reply: $8/hr cash -- Project Listings