Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

What my TC once was

Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
showandgotc has disabled reputation
Default Re: What my TC once was

im always driving, and yeah i worked at haley on hull st for a little bit but also worked at the old whitten linclon dealership before they shut down, that where i painted and did all my work to my car
Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I'm shocked that I'm saying this... but I really don't hate it as is. It's a too over-the-top for me, but it looks to be well done. I say get rid of the graphics, go with the satin burgundy if you want, but maybe leave the center/roofline/etc black? Maybe some new wheels and call it good. I don't think it would be worth the time and money to completely change the look.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

It doesnt look horrible, but im not really a fan. It think I'll love it once its all one color and less kitted.

What kinda power does it make?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

the only things i dont like are the hood and the graphics
other than that it looks nice
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

not bad, not bad at all
Old 05-13-2009, 02:44 PM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about

I know how much work it takes to go the painted graphic if you did that yourself truely so i admire the efforts, although its not for me the work involved still worth mentioning if the execution was clean. I ask though isnt there a BrandyWine factory color that the TC comes in? i swear there is... as im not a big fan of painting a car a factory color because its not as recognized as a custom paint job. I have yet to see one in a doodoo brown, like pulled from the new Infiniti Fx45, or even the new BMW 3 series although that looks a bit too goldish. Just throwin some ideas out there if your looking for other ideas.
Love BrandyWine colors as well though (classy) I just got done last week spraying my girls IS from a factory silver to Brandywine here is a shot of the color if your looking for a paint code. This was pulled from the new Honda line up on the Ridgeline is where i saw it first.

Good luck on your change!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

rexrunner rexrunner rexrunner

It is a pretty good looking TC bro. Hope all goes well with the changeover.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:43 PM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Probably one of the best looking TCs I've seen, great work.

I think burgundy with gold wheels would look good, let's see it
Old 05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

smillim7 is on a distinguished road

I think it was def. a good move taking off the kit, even though the one on your TC is not so bad b/c it kinda flows with the natural body lines of the car anyway. I'm just not a fan of body kits in general and I think TC's have a very clean look from the factory already, better than a kit could make it look. Also a good idea going one solid color. Flat or satin burgundy sound like a pretty sweet color and it's very unique. The wheels sound good too but I think 18's might be a little too big for a TC, I would go with 17's at the most but thats just my opinion if it was my car. My thing is AWD but the TC is one of my fav. FWD cars. Good Luck with it!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

showandgotc has disabled reputation

i appreciate the pics. thats pretty close to what i was thinking. i saw a really nice burgandy on the newer model civics awhile ago and thats the color i think im going to go for but only flat. im on this kick of having my car a flat color other than the usual flat black i see mostly. Im glad someone else knows what it would take to paint my car that way. it was a long ass night up at whitten for me to get everything taken apart preped taped up shot and then another long as day the next day doing all the wet sanding and buffing. I think I spent about 8 or so hours just sanding and buffing alone. Thanks for recognizing it for the other question before i think with the greddy kit its supposed to be at 230whp on 6psi but i dont know what it might have exactly no since its at 10psi with a 3 in down pipe, im looking to get a 3in exhaust for it soon though hopefully free up some more hp