Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

What made my day...

Old 03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
OG from 2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94
Default Re: What made my day...

Originally Posted by BlackEJ
Well if you must know smart man, I do not currently reside in the US. And the truth be told the car is called an Aristo originally, except that for our stupidly impressionable American public a car company brings a vehicle to America re-badges the product and renames it to make the public think it is a much better product when in all actuality it is still a Toyota, therefore our American consumers are just buying an overpriced Toyota and considering themselves better than average American.
I think Toyota wants consumers to buy Lexus so they can consider themselves better than average. I had a 2002 GS300 myself and I never felt like a "stupid impressionable American." Lexus does a good job making sure their products don't look exactly like a Toyota.
With the exception of the previous style LX470, there isn't anything on a Lexus lot that screams rebadged Toyota. Yes an ES350 is a Camry platform, a GX470 is a 4Runner, and an LX is a Land Cruiser, but almost nobody in the U.S. knows what their Toyota's and Lexus's are named in Japan so BlackonBlackGT was simply implying Lexus has nothing to be ashamed of. The new Venza is just an RX350. Anyone who says an IS350 is a Corolla and an LS460 is an Avalon better do some research on drivetrains and FWD vs. RWD.

Last edited by SHOFEAR94; 03-26-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by BlackEJ
Well if you must know smart man, I do not currently reside in the US. And the truth be told the car is called an Aristo originally, except that for our stupidly impressionable American public a car company brings a vehicle to America re-badges the product and renames it to make the public think it is a much better product when in all actuality it is still a Toyota, therefore our American consumers are just buying an overpriced Toyota and considering themselves better than average American.
A little bit late for your comeback. You should have just left it alone, not sure why you are ranting about a whole lot of nothing, but then again you are right. The IS300 was a Toyota Altezza, the GS an Aristo, and the SC300 a Soarer. Great, but even if you don't live in the states it's still an American car, if I see a 'real' soarer I don't say look at that Lexus SC. Also, if you think Lexus isn't worth the extra money than go drive one. RWD, Refinement, Quality, Materials. The same thing could be said about Honda and Acura and Nissan and Infiniti.

No one is denying who makes Lexus and no one is denying that it's an Aristo in Japan... but it is not one here and that is all I was saying.

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
awesome!

you just defended yourself with a shitty excuse a month after.
+1

Last edited by BlackOnBlackGT; 03-30-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
awesome!

you just defended yourself with a shitty excuse a month after.
He must have been foamin about that shit for a month trying to figure out a good comeback reply, lol.