Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Took the 5.0 to the Quarter Mile with a New Tune - Much Better Performance!

Old 05-12-2012, 06:45 AM
giggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR
Cool Took the 5.0 to the Quarter Mile with a New Tune - Much Better Performance!

I went to MIR a couple weeks ago and ran a 12.47 @ 111.5mph. Not a bad time, but the mph should have been higher. The tuner, Lund Racing, had already modified the tune from where I dyno'd the car (378whp 361wtq) and said he added some spark and made it a little leaner because I was unhappy with those numbers. Even with those tweaks still only trapped 111.5mph with a DA of about 170'.

Well I've been working with Mike @ Bamachips (American Muscle) to get their tunes ready for the 2013 mustangs (since the 2011-2012s are slightly different) and after only a few datalogs, everything looked great and he sent me the finalized tunes (87, 92 performance, 92 race - performance tune with more throttle response). Went to Capitol Raceway last night and finally got the trap speeds I was expecting With a similar 60' (only 0.03 less) and similar DA (150' vs 170') I dropped 0.08 and picked up over 3mph even with a headwind last night.

I'm very pleased with the Bamachips tunes. They are very smooth and easy to drive and the throttle response is excellent. I'll be going to the dyno within a week or two to find out some new numbers, but I should be around 390-400 or so I'd expect. Anyone with a 5.0 contemplating tuners, I definitely recommend American Muscle and Bamachips. They do more tunes for mustangs than anyone and they have great performance. Lund Racing is a good tuner, but I've heard from a lot of people they play it REALLY on the safe side and thus don't have the best performance. I also find it interesting that according to the datalogs of the Bamachips tune, it has less spark and is running slightly richer than the Lund Racing tune, but has better performance at the track.

Here's a quick video of the run too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_R5QBlU1Bs
Old 05-12-2012, 07:19 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE
Default Re: Took the 5.0 to the Quarter Mile with a New Tune - Much Better Performance!

Nice numbers
Old 05-12-2012, 09:16 AM
giggity

RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR
Default Re: Took the 5.0 to the Quarter Mile with a New Tune - Much Better Performance!

Originally Posted by BOREDOMRULE
Nice numbers
Thanks!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:57 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

You're the new daft punk and the spammer/creator of useless threads.

Do we really need a million topics on this car? Can't we have just one thread? or a merged thread??

Not hating on the car, but come the fuck on breh one topic.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

FIVE LITER HONDA EATER
Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 PM
giggity

Originally Posted by DOOM
You're the new daft punk and the spammer/creator of useless threads.

Do we really need a million topics on this car? Can't we have just one thread? or a merged thread??

Not hating on the car, but come the fuck on breh one topic.
lol really? i've made 4 threads total since i've had the car, all on different topics. one introducing my new car, one posting a dyno video, one posting new pics i took of the car in a parking garage, and one posting a new personal best in the 1/4. none of them having any relation to each other other than the fact they are regarding my car. why merge threads that have nothing to do with each other?

Originally Posted by Reloaded
FIVE LITER HONDA EATER
hahahaha
Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 PM
C.R.E.A.M

Originally Posted by RCE EATR
lol really? i've made 4 threads total since i've had the car, all on different topics. one introducing my new car, one posting a dyno video, one posting new pics i took of the car in a parking garage, and one posting a new personal best in the 1/4. none of them having any relation to each other other than the fact they are regarding my car. why merge threads that have nothing to do with each other?
One topic would make some sense, not separate ones.

Like this
"my 2013 mustang build thread"
Update 5/6/2012 got it dyon'd
Update 5/11/2012 took boring ass pics in a parking deck, so cliche
Update 5/13/2012 got a new tune, new quarter mile time.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 AM
giggity

Like this
lol oh well. nothing i can do about it now.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

no one is making you click on shit.. stop crying like a bitch cause brobro has a car he is proud of and wants to share it.

p.s good numbers brobro impressive mph

Like this
Old 05-13-2012, 11:26 AM
C.R.E.A.M

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
no one is making you click on shit.. stop crying like a bitch cause brobro has a car he is proud of and wants to share it.

p.s good numbers brobro impressive mph
Me crying like a bitch?? the only bitch I see is you cheer leading..He said what he said and you gotta come in here with your comments, which has nothing to do with you.

"good job out there rce eater, need any water?? pat on the back cool guy"

sit your ass on the sidelines

Quick Reply: Took the 5.0 to the Quarter Mile with a New Tune - Much Better Performance!