Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

STI featured on Klutchonline.com

Old 08-13-2010, 08:53 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo
Default Re: STI featured on Klutchonline.com

Originally Posted by Muncher
Wrong. I made the same power as he did and I'm on 17 lbs....heads that are worth a damn make a HUGE differance and you will make more power. And I hope you know I'm not knockin...i love this car.

Edit: and yes I know my turbo is bigger but that doesn't change the fact that ported heads and decent size cams will make more power than a similar setup without them.

I could be wrong on this but i think she was referring to the block, not the engine as a whole.. I could be wrong..

But you are right a head that is built properly and built correctly will show a significant increase in HP (depending on the car of course) and will respond better to power adders .i.e. turbo, supercharger and so on....

Regardless car is clean, pics look great congrats on the feature.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Well the comment originally made included the term "fully built" which refers to the engine as a whole.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:36 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Engine mods:

Raw Performance block
Full rotated balanced assembly
Polished, cross-drilled and balanced STI crank
Mahle 2818 100mm forged pistons
Carrillo Pro Super A Beam rods
Cosworth bearings
ARP head studs
Eibach valve springs
Old 08-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

So then its not "fully" build. Stock cams, the heads arent machined, stock valves, ect.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

The heads aren't machined but all the internals are not. (He has aftermarket valves too...I forgot to add them to the list).

You made more power because you have cams (a huge help), a bigger turbo, and meth (or were you not using meth for the tune?).

Either way, I can't wait to see what it does after we retune it. The '08s had a big fuel problem with sputtering and inconsistency when you upgrade your injectors. IAG finally found a fix for it....once we get some moola we will be making our way up there
Old 08-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Good stuff...glad to hear. What are you using to tune and is Kienan tuning it?

Edit: yes I was using meth, but again, the car was also only on 17lbs. He should definetly look into cams and meth. With what the motor has done to it its a shame the builder didnt cam/port it. Itd be making solid 400+ numbers on that turbo and wouldnt need 25+lbs to do it.

Last edited by Muncher; 08-13-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I think we're reading a little too far into someone elses poor choice of wording in an article on another site.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
LXRY STI

He is using AP. IAG is very familiar witht he car so we are just going to take it back there. How much were your cams? I don't think he ever considered adding cams but it doens't sound like it would be a bad idea.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by SubieChik
He is using AP. IAG is very familiar witht he car so we are just going to take it back there. How much were your cams? I don't think he ever considered adding cams but it doens't sound like it would be a bad idea.
Except that you need to buy 4 of them and that's $$$$$...
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 AM
LXRY STI

lmao...true