Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Some pics from NASA Heat Wave @ VIR last weekend

Old 07-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Some pics from NASA Heat Wave @ VIR last weekend

Had a good weekend at VIR. Was a bit worn out with two studends and 100+ degree temps all weekend, but managed to win my TimeTrial class both days and score two more free Hoosiers

EDIT: My dad took a bunch of pics too...

Full Album - http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...d%2023%202011/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

F and S Enterprises and Finishline Productions pics

Unfortunately my trophy is covering the best part

Last edited by Cobra4B; 07-29-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Some pics from NASA Heat Wave @ VIR last weekend

Some UTCC videos worth sharing...

GRM UTCC 2011 Top 6 car fly by on front straight. Riley DP, Ganassi Challenger, Juno SS3-V6, Element Tuning STi, Popp Z06, MTi Z06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDwiZxQAn28 Another front straight video. Cool to listen to the different cars and to see who's holding on the gas the longest into turn 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4hdn9x9O2o
Old 07-27-2011, 08:33 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Jesus, that C6 makes your car look small.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by Flite
Jesus, that C6 makes your car look small.
What's funny is the C6 is shorter and narrower than the C5, but he has C6Z quarter panels on (note he still has stock C6 fenders) and all the aero stuff which makes the car bulkier.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:45 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

are you allowed to have ride a longs? i really want to do a track car next!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by Uzi Crooklyn
I can since I'm an instructor, but I tend to leave the passenger seat at home so I don't have to give everyone's friend a ride I enjoy giving rides but there are times I'm just too busy or I have fresh Hoosiers on the car and don't want to waste a heat cycle.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:49 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

ahhh gotcha. what would you recommend someone like me, obviously who has never raced anything do? i have honestly been contemplating selling the cabrio, and building a MKI GTI straight race car. maybe start out doing auto x ?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

No, that retarded ass driving position of yours where you set the seat all the way back then lean forward to steer would put you in too much danger on a race track.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1

ahhh gotcha. what would you recommend someone like me, obviously who has never raced anything do? i have honestly been contemplating selling the cabrio, and building a MKI GTI straight race car. maybe start out doing auto x ?
Do it. I think you if you really want to try it you should. I think the Cabrio is nice, but I always preferred a car that I could have fun with over looking good. Check out the next Driftwater, there is a guy that grips the track using a MKI GTI. It actually looks good going around and sounds pretty good too.

Last edited by rflynn1; 07-27-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Fanboi

Go to some auto-xs to get your feet wet and get out to a HPDE ASAP to make sure you enjoy it before you go building a car. My advice is to KISS. If you can fit in a Miata then get one and go to town. Track time > building a project car. As a novice all those trick parts won't do crap. You want a safe and reliable car with a properly fitting seat and then seat time seat time seat time x 1000.

After you gain some experience and know how to evaluate a car's handling then build a project car... you'll be able to do it right and know what you're after.

If you're ever at a NASA event I'm at I'd be more than happy to give you a ride along.

Quick Reply: Some pics from NASA Heat Wave @ VIR last weekend